Robert Half International Financial Analyst in Melville, New York
Accountemps is looking for a temporary Financial Analyst to join a fast-growing company. In this position, you will conduct financial modeling on various financial products as well as measure, analyze and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. Additional duties include be responsible for advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management. You will be a part of a dynamic team being a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management.
• Seeking a highly flexible individual comfortable with large amounts of information, and adept at managing expectations
• Supporting weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment level Bookings and P&L forecasting
• Analyzing performance to date and assessing potential risks and opportunities
• Understanding and explaining internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
• Learning and applying econometric and statistical methods to forecasting
• Enabling effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and decision support
• Provide analytical support during New Year readiness/Year End planning cycle
• Drive the strategy and business planning process
• Become embedded within the Marketing and Customer Success organizations. Establish trust and quickly understand the key drivers of the business, economic trends and core metrics
• Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation and prioritization
• Work closely with cross-functional partners in Accounting, Recruiting, People and Operations to execute against plans
• Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources in the best way possible
• Drive monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
• Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
• BA/BS degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance
• 2-5 years of experience in a highly quantitative role
• Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
• Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
• Strong Microsoft Excel and computer skills (prior experience programming a big plus)
• Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
• High Degree of proficiency in Excel
• Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferable) or experience at a top investment bank also desirable
• Strong interest in data analysis, econometric modelling and statistical analysis
• Experience in Oracle/Hyperion/SAP Business Objects/SFDC/Tableau
For immediate consideration please contact our office at 631-231-6711, or forward your resume to email@example.com!
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $19.00 - $22.00 / Hourly
Location: Melville, NY
Date Posted: March 25, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 02930-9502530603
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance