Health First Trauma Clinical/Outreach Coordinator- Holmes Regional Medical Center, Trauma Unit, Full time in Melbourne, Florida
To be fullyengaged inprovidingQuality/No Harm, CustomerService andStewardshipthrough coordination ofcare and services for trauma patients in collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver, trauma surgeon/APP, and patient care team. The position supports the patient care and outreach objectives of the Trauma Department and utilizes advanced psychosocial skills to facilitate the coordination of care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation. Evaluates the trauma patient for risks to safe discharge and provides appropriate assessment, intervention, and education to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes. .Effectively utilizes hospital and community resources to prevent injury and facilitate post-discharge needs.
Primary Accountabilities (no more than 12 )
Initiates the risk and injury prevention assessment of the trauma patient and develops the education plan to prevent/mitigate further injury.
Adapts work and assistance methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of the trauma patient.
Collaborates with the trauma surgeon/APP, nursing, and members of the healthcare team in the development of desired discharge goals.
Communicates discharge plans and options to patient, family/caregiver, physicians, and the healthcare team. Coordinates and documents complex discharge plans including injury prevention assessment and education
Provides crisis intervention services to patients and families/caregivers impacted by major trauma, acute grief, catastrophic injuries/illnesses, protective concerns, intimate partner violence, community violence, and death.
Provides counseling and researches placement alternatives for substance abuse, mental health, homeless, and indigent patients.
Provides screening, brief intervention, and coordinate appropriate resources and referral to treatment for trauma patients with substance abuse behaviors.
Demonstrates trauma patient advocacy through use of data and available information to develop measurable patient care and injury prevention initiatives
Identifies clinical and system variations in the standard of care for trauma patients. Participates in the trauma Performance Improvement Patient Safety (PIPS) process to ensure optimal outcomes for the trauma patient.
Intervenes and recommends appropriate referrals to resolve system barriers to patient discharge
Identifies and documents necessary transitional care referrals for safe discharge and follow up.
Intervenes and recommends appropriate referrals to resolve system barriers to patient discharge.
Licensure:Current Florida LCSW license / RN
Certification:LCSW eligible and obtained within (3) years of employment.
- Proficiency with the Electronic Medical Record
- Three (3) years of previous social work experience in a Level l / ll Trauma Center preferred
- Acute care experience
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: o Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with patients, families/caregivers, and the healthcare team. o Ability to relate to and work with the ill, elderly and emotionally upset people within the hospital and community settings with compassion and professionalism. o Compassionately respond to life threatening and stressful situations. o Ability to network with internal and community resources to facilitate access to resources for the trauma patient population. o Participate in educational opportunities for the healthcare team, patients, caregivers, and community partners related to the trauma patient.
- Education:Masters / Graduate level
- Licensure:BSN / Current Florida LCSW license
- Work Experience: o Case Management experience o Related management experience o Minimum 5 years acute care clinical experience o Insurance experience preferred
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: o Highly developed verbal and non-verbal communication skills o Experience in the planning and implementation of education and training for patients, caregivers, professionals, community groups, and hospital associates. o Experience with assessment and treatment of PTSD and acute stress symptoms caused by injury.
§ Ableto stand,walk, sitand travel largedistances repeatedly,within thehospital, in a timelymanner
§Ableto liftuptotwenty (20) poundsunassisteduptofive (5) times aday.
§Abilitytohear,tounderstandpatient, familyandmedical staff correctly.
§Mustbeableto tolerate aminimumof3-5hoursof computer time aday
§Abilitytodealwith multipledemandsin ashort timeframe.
- Ability to relate and work with the critically ill and injured trauma population within the hospital and community settings with compassion and professionalism.
Job: *Clinical Professional
Organization: *Holmes Regional Medical Center
Title: Trauma Clinical/Outreach Coordinator- Holmes Regional Medical Center, Trauma Unit, Full time
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Melbourne
Requisition ID: 053761