Washington State DSHS ESH Compliance Officer in Medical Lake, Washington
DSHS Compliance Officer
Bring your talent and skills in strategic planning, education, and quality improvement activities to Eastern State Hospital (ESH). Provide leadership as you bring a modern approach to how we conduct business that ensures compliance with federal and state laws and standards related to hospital reimbursement. The Compliance Officer/Contracts Manager reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The incumbent provides guidance and advises the CEO and/or designee, the Governing Body, and all internal committees on material legal and compliance risks, mitigation, corrective actions, and reporting related to compliance officer duties.
Your first 6 months You've invigorated the audit process and developed new modern practices that continue to align with federal and state guidelines relevant to billing compliance and optimization of reimbursement for hospital level of care.
Some of what you'll do
- You will ensure ESH is compliant with the Office of Inspector General's (OIG) Hospital Compliance Guidelines
- Design and implement an effective Compliance Plan to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct; establishing the framework of the compliance program that encompasses business, operational, clinical and legal/regulatory compliance oversight at ESH.
- Compliance with billing regulations and coding requirements, impacting the acquisition and retention of available federal funding, private insurance reimbursement, and private payer revenue streams.
- Bridge clinical and business aspects of the healthcare organization, internal and external to ESH
- Work with the Quality Management Director with respect to legal and ethical compliance issues in the areas of patient rights, quality and the safety of patient services.
- Provide a system of checks and balances to the financial and reimbursement positions related to state psychiatric hospitals and public mental health programs in order to meet OIG guidelines and expectations
What we're looking for
- Juris Doctorate degree with a minimum of two years of experience in the specialized field of healthcare regulatory practice and/or compliance and privacy OR
- A master’s degree with a major area of study in Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Services Administration or closely allied field with a minimum of five years of specialized work experience in hospital legal services and/or compliance and privacy.
- Must have demonstrated applied knowledge of federal compliance regulations related to hospital reimbursement, Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA), Privacy and Security Rules, Protected Health Information (PHI) privacy laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills and abilities, including sound judgment, independent problem solving, decision-making, strategic planning, conflict resolution, and the ability to create high performing teams.
- Expert level of knowledge about contracts
- Working knowledge of patient billing issues
Completed applications will include the following:
- Current resume
- Cover letter describing your experience related to this job
Questions about 01375? Contact Joshua.Shawhan@dshs.wa.gov.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" on your website and on printed materials.
Salary: $104,000.00 - $114,000.00 Annually
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2021-01375
Closing: 3/8/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact