Robert Half International Lead IT Security Architect in McLean, Virginia
About the role
The candidate will be responsible for working within the CSO CTO Security Architecture team to develop and maintain the Bank's enterprise security architecture to provide scalable and effective protection of all DB IT assets and data.
Specifically, the candidate will work to develop Cloud-related architectural deliverables that document DB's network, process, platform, systems, and data components created to enhance the protection of DB assets and data in the Cloud.
The Cloud Security Architect performs an important function within the Banks Corporate Security Organization (CSO). He will partner with Infrastructure, Technology Platform teams and Business Areas to:
• Design and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to Organization and with appropriate security controls present.
• Design, develop and review security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems.
• Provide direction, oversight, advice, and guidance to direct reports and functional teams to create and foster a culture of architectural excellence: 'Do it once, do it right'.
• Conduct cloud security analysis of prospective vendor and internal application architecture based on Industry best practice Cloud Cyber Risk Framework.
• Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within Microsoft Azure platforms, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and SaaS applications such as O365 and others.
• Design and develop Cloud-specific security policies, standards and procedures e.g. Identity and Access Management (SSO, SAML), and Privilege Management, Firewall management, SSL/IPSec, Encryption Key Management (BYOK), Security incident and event management (SIEM), Data protection (DLP, encryption), Vulnerability Management in partnership with Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
• Develop Cloud Deployment/Architecture, Cloud Security, and a Controls Framework aligned to security frameworks such as CSA, CIS, and NIST for multi-cloud environments.
• Perform Cloud Security Assessments of Cloud platforms/environments using industry-standard frameworks such as ISO, CSA-CSM, and NIST.
• Execute on Cloud Security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle assess, design, and implementation.
• Engage with other groups in the Bank to ensure that all architecture efforts are integrating with the Bank's overall IT vision/strategy/architecture.
• Lead and participate in the identification and assessment of Cloud technology and solutions in close partnership and collaboration with internal engineering labs, and work with engineering teams to develop a strategic implementation roadmap for Cloud security technologies as necessary.
• Serve as a senior architect and technical lead supporting the Global Head of Enterprise Security Architecture (GHESA) on all Cloud security strategic planning, risk analysis, and other related topics as necessary.
• Represent the GHESA with corporate IT architecture and technology planning and implementation activities as necessary.
• 5+ years of experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform, O365.
• 5+ years of experience driving the adoption of and achieving successful DevOps practices across organizations.
• 5+ years of Security Architecture and/or Engineering experience.
• 5+ years of experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
• Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
• Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
• Experience with Privilege Account management (CyberArk) preferred.
• Experience with perimeter security and firewall technologies (Cisco, Checkpoint) preferred.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code Automation (Terraform) preferred.
• Experience with Application and Infrastructure code scanning preferred.
• Experience with Log management and monitoring preferred.
• Experience with Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) preferred.
• Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Ansible) preferred.
• Experience with Vulnerability Management preferred.
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
• Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
• Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
• Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
• Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving capacity.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated and strong leadership and management skills.
• CISSP, AWS, Azure certifications preferred.
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $90.00 - $100.00 / Hourly
Location: McLean, VA
Date Posted: May 22, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 04860-9502577802
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT