HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Seasonal PRN Registered Nurse (RN) ICU in McKinney, Texas
Seasonal Program - RN Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit Seasonal PRN Program Runs 8/01/2021 through 03/26/2022
• $62.00/hour base pay
• $4,000 Completion Bonus
• 16 week Commitment
• Weekend and Holiday Requirement
• Minimum of 72 hrs per pay period (6 shifts)
- Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
- All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
- During the course of the 16 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
- Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
- Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
- Current FT/PT & PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2021-2022 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in 2020-2021.
- Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women’s and children’s services.Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospitalcontinuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community’s healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation.
We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission’s Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Please visit our website athttp://medicalcitymckinney.com/to see for yourself why you should join our team.
TheICU RNperforms direct care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Cardiovascular Service Line. * Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. * Carries out physician orders. * Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs. * Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care. * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Instructs and educates patients and families. * Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
_Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):_
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
Current licensure by the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
Completed AHA ACLS Provider Course within 6 months of employment will berequired.
Minimum of two years experience in Critical Care in an acute care hospital setting within the last 3 yearsrequired.
Experience with high acuity ICU medical/surgical patients ishighly preferred.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Seasonal PRN Registered Nurse (RN) ICU
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical City McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-149255