Fremont-Rideout Health Group RN - Staff in Marysville, California
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Yuba County is California's gateway to the historic Mother Lode Country, with a diverse landscape that boasts grand rivers, thriving farmland, friendly communities and numerous recreational possibilities that extend into the Sierra foothills. Sutter County is home for the Sutter Buttes, known as the Smallest Mountain Range in the World. Considered "sister cities" our communities have that small town feel so many people are seeking. Our rivers, lakes, mountains, year-round festivals and fairs, entertainment, diverse recreation opportunities, hunting, camping, hiking, boating, fishing, community events, fine dining establishments, first-rate lodging, bikeways, and historic downtown shopping makes the Yuba and Sutter Counties a great place to live. With a lower cost of living, you can enjoy California life with Tahoe, Napa or the Bay Area only being a 2-hour drive.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN who: assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated shift. Prescribes nursing care based on the nursing process that is consistent with the medical plan of care and is based on input from the patient and significant others. Collaborates with the physicians and other members of the health care team and coordinates the delivery of patient care to patients of any age (depending on assigned unit) including neonatal, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric. Incorporates teaching and discharge planning needs in the plan of care. Delegates certain aspects of patient care delivery to other nursing staff based on their current clinical competence and legal scope of practice.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess patients, design and implement an individualized plan of care for assigned patients and to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan, patient's response to care and the patient's progress towards established goals.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to formulate the plan of care for assigned patients.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries, diseases, and developmental stages to the delivery of patient care.
- Utilizes knowledge of pharmacology (action, route of administration, side effects and contraindications) when preparing and administering medications and IV therapy. Provides patient / family education in all phases of care delivery to gain cooperation, allay apprehension and promote compliance.
- Assesses knowledge, plans appropriate learning activities, varies techniques and materials to patients' age and unique needs and evaluates effectiveness by seeking feedback from patients and families.
- Oversees the delivery of patient care and challenges or corrects errors of others to ensure patient safety and wellbeing.
- Ensures continuity of care by promptly processing and following through on physician's orders and all aspects of the treatment plan.
- Demonstrates an ability to set appropriate priorities in providing patient care and ability to respond to changes in workload.
- Acts as the patient's advocate, ensuring patient rights and intervening when necessary to assure those rights are preserved.
- Maintains awareness of professional responsibilities and legal scope of practice.
- Utilizes communication skills and appropriate resources to assure effective communication with patients, families, staff, physicians and coworkers.
- Performs technical aspects of patient care according to established policies / procedures; adapts techniques to patients' age and unique needs with attention to detail, accuracy and patient comfort.
- Prepares and administers medications and IV's to patients with consideration of age specific needs.
- Demonstrates safe use of equipment, including but not limited to electric beds, infusion pumps, mechanical lifts, suction devices, physiologic monitors, traction equipment and other patient care devices.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
- Acute care facility experience: Preferred
- California Registered Nurse Licensure: Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
* Unit Specific Requirements:*
ALL Units Admitting Telemetry Patients: Dysrhythmia recognition course or demonstrated competency and ACLS: Required
Critical Care Units:
Dysrhythmia recognition course or demonstrated competency and ACLS: Required,
ICU completion of Critical Care Course within 1 year of hire: Required Demonstrated competency in IV Sedation within 6 months: Required
Perinatal: Neonatal Resuscitation within 6 months of hire for Nursery / NICU and Labor and Delivery: Required Intermediate Fetal Monitoring within 6 months of hire for L&D: Required L&D – If Basic Fetal Monitoring acquired within 3 months of hire, Advanced Fetal Monitoring within 1 year of hire and ACLS within 6 months of hire: Required
PACU/SDS: PALS certification within 1 year of hire: Required; ACLS: Required IV Sedation within 6 months of hire: Required
Emergency: ACLS and PALS: Required TNCC within 1 year of hire: Preferred Demonstrated competency in IV sedation within 6 months: Required MICN and CEN: Preferred
Procedures Nurse Interventional Radiology RN: Dysrhythmia recognition: Required ACLS and IV Sedation within 6 months: Required PICC competence: Preferred
Cancer Center: PICC certification: Preferred
Medical Oncology RN: Chemotherapy Certification: Required OCN Certification within 2 years of hire: Preferred
- Radiation Oncology RN*: Radiation Oncology Certification: Preferred