VIRTUA HEALTH,INC. Food Service Worker in Marlton, New Jersey
HELPING YOU BE WELL, GET WELL AND STAY WELL
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Employment Classification:Per Diem
Time Type:Part time
Work Shift:3rd Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:0
Performs a variety of food and production assignments, along with related cleaning duties.
Provides the highest level of customer service with the goal of delivering an outstanding experience.
* Receive, Store, Prepare/Produce, Cleans and Serve.
* Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all products delivered for use within the Food Service Department and put away in appropriate locations.
* Safely handles and stores all products according to applicable guidelines.
* Follow recipe, production standards and assignments.
* Assembles trays and plates according to customer needs.
* Maintains clean, sanitary, and safe work environment.
* Safely operates kitchen equipment according to established guidelines.
* Tends to customers (face-to-face, via phone, etc), and handles all cash transactions following cash handling policies.
* May be required to work off-site.
* Follows all regulatory guidelines as required.
* Communicates effectively to identify issues and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Ability to speak English.
Prior Food Service experience preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.