Jewish Community Center Assistant Camp Director in Margate City, New Jersey
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Oversee the operations of assigned summer camp program including: activities, supplies, parent communication as well as camper and staff supervision.
- Coordinate scheduling, logistics and implementation of all daily camp program and events.
- Co-facilitate a three day Staff Orientation/Training and daily staff meeting
- Know, understand, portray and share the safety policies, procedure and philosophy of Camp By the Sea and the Katz JCC
- Keeps camper and staff morale high and creativity flowing throughout camp day
- Assists staff in planning and evaluating program activities and monitors activities to ensure the safety of participants.
- Enrich the camper experience and activity offerings through creative and innovative programming.
- Respond promptly to unanticipated, complex changes to planned activities and programs
- Oversee the hiring, mid-season and end of season staff evaluations.
- Additional responsibilities may be added based upon the needs of the camp program
RESPONSIBILITIES (SEPTEMBER - MAY)
- Supervise, plan and implement programs for Youth and teenagers including vacation day camps, holiday programing and afterschool activities
- Creatively conceive of and actively implement a talent recruitment plan for future summer staff
- Initiate and participate in regular strategy sessions with camp management team to identify and address ongoing areas of focus
- Coordinate and implement camper recruitment plans to implement marketing materials
- Maintain awareness, knowledge and understanding of current societal trends, including Jewish camping, child development, safety, social media, and customer service.
- Assist Program director with additional duties as assigned.
A Bachelor degree in a relevant area of study. Experience in working with children in a camp or school setting.
Milton & Betty Katz JCC 501 N. Jerome Ave Margate, NJ 08402
For more than 100 years the Jewish Community Center has been a focal point of the Atlantic County community. It has been a place where families come together, Jewish culture thrives, children are cared for and their futures shaped. The Atlantic County community has flourished in substantial part as the result of the JCC's programs and services. Through the Milton & Betty Katz Jewish Community Center our children benefit from preschool and camp, developing lasting friendships. As teenagers they continue to grow as camp counselors or by participating in our fitness and teen travel programs. In sharing these experiences, they develop enduring relationships within our local community.
For seniors and other adults the JCC provides a place to come together to play mahjong, enroll in computer classes, participate in physical fitness programs and learn about art and Jewish education. We continue to expand our Jewish education programs for adults through films, books and classes. The JCC brings together friends and family for learning, celebrations, and commemorations to create memories that last a lifetime.
Date Posted: 02/09/2021
Title: Assistant Camp Director
JCC: Milton & Betty Katz JCC
Location: Margate City, NJ