Cree Instrumentation and Controls Technician in Marcy, New York
Instrumentation and Controls Technician
Cree-Wolfspeed is looking for an Instrumentation and Controls Technician to join our team. This position processes a high-level skill set in Instrumentation and Controls (I&C). The position allows a candidate to work on all instrumentation and controls for components, equipment and systems in a semiconductor facility. The skill level for this position requires an individual to work independently on complicated equipment and systems with minimal instruction and direction. This position is responsible for the preventive, predictive, corrective maintenance and repairs of the instrumentation and controls of all associated facilities equipment.
What can Cree | Wolfspeed do for you?
- Position reports to the Engineering department with the opportunity to work closely with Engineers in the development and implementation of new systems and upgrades.
- Unique opportunities for on the job training as well as annual offsite training for professional growth opportunities.
What can you do for Cree | Wolfspeed?
- Troubleshoot programming and system faults for plant equipment and modify existing programs to improve sequencing, add/modify/remove alarms, and aide in improved troubleshooting and error response within the plant PLCs, HMIs, and automated systems.
- Perform calibrations of Flow, Temperature, Pressure, and Humidity Transmitters.
- Work with Mechanical, Electrical, and Process Engineers to correct deficiencies in systems across the site.
What you need for success:
- Associates Degree from Accredited or Technical College
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Superior troubleshooting ability
- Ability to work with minimal Instruction
- Experience tuning PID loops
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and electrical schematics
- Proficiency and experience troubleshooting integrated HMI/PLC control systems, including proficiency evaluating/modifying associated programming and devices. (Rockwell RSLogix 500/Studio 5000 experience required)
- Maintain instrument as-built documentation
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Prefer degree in Industrial Technology or Electronics
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree | Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors and lighting class LEDs are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.