Cree Facilities Mechanical Technician in Marcy, New York
The ideal Industrial Facilities Technician will be able to perform a high degree of problem identification and troubleshooting assignments and participate effectively in a team environment.
This technician will work a 12-hour 6am-6pm schedule, and will work at our main campus in Marcy NY.
What can Cree | Wolfspeed do for you?
This role will provide you a great opportunity to use your broad facilities maintenance skills in a challenging, evolving, and fast paced environment. You will be in an environment that allows and expects you to make a difference. You will be challenged to determine how and when facilities work is done with an “active owner” mindset. And you will have assignments that will expand your knowledge and skills base.
What can you do for Cree | Wolfspeed?
We want you to apply your relevant expertise to a challenging work environment where you can make a real difference in the day-to-day operations of a high-tech electronics and semiconductor manufacturing operation. You will be able to solve complex problems with little supervision, allowing you to make decisions on how and when a project is completed.
What you need for success:
- Associate’s degree, preferably in relevant technical field
- 5-7 years of experience as a technician performing electrical, HVAC, or mechanical maintenance, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge or experience in the following skill areas: lubrication, pneumatics, piping/plumbing repair, HVAC fundamentals, belt replacement, electrical schematics and troubleshooting
- Ability to properly perform calibrations and validations of process instrumentation and sensors.
- Preference will be given to candidates familiar with variable frequency drives and complex HVAC controls and PLC troubleshooting
- Ability to organize work and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to perform mathematical functions in all units of measure
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in an industrial/manufacturing environment that has HVAC units, pumps, motors, tanks, and other facilities related equipment
- Ability to work with machinery and moving parts
- Possess valid US driver’s license to operate motor vehicles
- Ability to work with moving vehicles, ladders, and scaffolding
- Ability to work at heights, and in confined spaces
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
- Ability to work in repetitive motions and pressure involving fingers, hands, and wrists
- The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing or walking over hard concrete surface
- Exposure to recurring bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, sitting, climbing, stretching, or similar activities
- Ability to reach at high levels
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate in the English Language
- Ability to frequently work more than 40 hours in a week
- Proficient use of technology and computers and software to include Microsoft Office suite of products
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree | Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors and lighting class LEDs are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.