3M Internship - Frontline - Marketing Intern in Maplewood, Minnesota
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 curious, creative 3Mers.
“At 3M, we excel by combining our talents while leveraging creative and curious minds. This is most impactful when we center our objective at improving the customer experience. It’s a privilege to work for such a great company, with amazing people, and leadership that cultivates a growth-mindset.” – Eric Hammes, executive vice president of Enterprise Operations at 3M
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. The target dates for the internship duration is May through August. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
About the Frontline Program:
The 3M Frontline Internship Summer Program offers qualified students a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work on the behalf of one of our Business Groups in a marketing internship position. For the 11-week assignment, the first 2 weeks will be spent attending an orientation and training program. Participants will then spend the remainder of the summer working in their assigned internship position. The internship runs from late May until the first of August.
Interns work on projects that represent real challenges faced by 3M's business units and mirror the work conducted by full-time members of the department. Through networking and corporate-sponsored events, interns are exposed to many facets of 3M.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Frontline Marketing Intern, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
· Working on projects that represent real challenges faced by 3M’s business units
· Taking advantage of initial and ongoing training opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
· Developing and displaying effective project management skills
Each internship will differ based on the 3M business group when the intern is placed. Projects can include any or all the following focus areas:
· Consumer and Market Insights/Assessment: trend analysis; segmentation; customer insights; competitive analysis; brand analysis; digital marketing analysis
· Financial Analysis: research, analyze and identify key insights from assessing internal and external data
· Strategy Development: positioning strategy; brand strategy; value propositions; channel strategy; pricing strategy
· Marketing Content Planning: message development; eMarketing and social media integration; creative strategy
· Execution & Measurement/Project Management: program implementation; program measurement; optimization strategies; resource management
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree, or higher, from an accredited institution
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Marketing or Business Analytics from an accredited institution
· Completed a minimum of junior year (6 semesters) by the start of the internship
· Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
· Completion of two of the required class in the major, minor or concentration
Primary Locations: St. Paul, MN or Austin, TX
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $32 billion in sales, our 96,000 employees connect with customers and other diverse 3Mers all around the world.