Lockheed Martin Software / Systems Integration Engineer in Manassas, Virginia
Description: This Software/Systems Integration Engineer will support the AN/SQQ-89 program at our Manassas, Virginia location. You will be responsible for addressing a variety of software, hardware and infrastructure issues related to integrating a complex system of subsystems and functional capabilities in a simulated tactical lab environment.
You will interact across the team to address matters that affect execution or performance of the project and provide regular progress status and participate in required program planning.
Participate in the System Engineering life cycle, including software development and early integration, hardware stand-up, string and system integration, test definition, test planning, system certification and sell-off, and system delivery and production support.
Responsibilities include integration support across lab and customer facilities requiring systems integration skills in software, hardware, and networking.
Tasks may include weekly software builds, installs, and checkout, hardware health and grooming to include:
- Network/cross-site connectivity
- Servers, disk drives, displays, HMI, KVM, and BIOS
- Resolving build issues
- Developing and running test procedures
- Resource scheduling
- Asset allocation and configuration
- Support to partner organizations
You should be able to support limited yearly CONUS travel to support integration and interface testing, customer installations and troubleshooting/grooming systems.
- A self-starter with strong integration skills and able to work independently and handle multiple integration aspects of a program
- Demonstrated experience and success collaborating in a team environment for system development and integration, with strong knowledge of system hardware and software configuration, networking, and hardware stand-up and troubleshooting
- Experience in program execution in agile environments and system engineering of large, complex systems
- Strong Linux experience with the ability to create and edit scripts (i.e., bash, csh, ksh, and tclsh), along with software debugging/troubleshooting experience
- Must work well in small to medium size groups
- Self-motivated with strong leadership, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible, dedicated, detail-focused, and team-oriented
- Ability to work as a part of a diverse team, both in support and leadership functions
- Problem/issue reporting and tracking experience
- Experience with compiling, installing, running, and testing functional segments (including third-party software) and making modifications to support different hardware and network configurations
- Knowledgeable in software programming languages (i.e., C++, Java)
- Experience with software compilation utilities (i.e., GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Gradle)
- Networking skills; familiar with Cisco router and switches
- Previous experience with Anti-Submarine Warfare
- Demonstrated skills in coordinating with U.S. Navy customers, Program Office, and industry partners
- Team leadership abilities are a plus
- Experience with passive and active sonar, acoustic simulation, infrastructure, displays, etc.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.