Rep-Lite Territory Sales Associate - Medical Devices in Macedonia, Ohio
Job Title: Territory Associate - Medical Devices
Reports to: Regional Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
- The field-based representative responsible for customer and administrative support, assisting with territory management, territory coverage, and working collaboratively with Territory Manager(s) to support sales activities and territory management tasks at the direction of Regional Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include persuading physicians, engaging, educating and empowering support staff via one-on-one discussions, group in-servicing, exhibits and conferences; enabling prescribing entities to become self-sufficient through enrollment and utilization of Medical Devices Network, assisting with exception and revenue management and assisting with vacancy management.
Responsible for selling and growth of accounts as assigned by the Region Manager
Responsible for sales and ongoing support of Medical Devices to promote consistent utilization
Responsible for achieving assigned sales objectives.
Responsible for learning, knowing, and implementing any / all Plans of Action launched to the Field Sales Organization
Develop and effectively communicate the general understanding of Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Medical Devices specific data and be confident advocating on behalf of Medical Devices in the clinical setting to increase Medical Devices awareness
Effectively engage, educate, and empower support staff to identify patients and advocating on their behalf
Enroll and train customers
Understand, communicate, and train hospital and office staff to submit complete orders. Provide education and support to appropriate staff to reduce medical order exceptions.
Conduct level in-service meetings related to medical order process and requirements with auxiliary support staff
Track and manage recurring revenue and reauthorization process for current patients
Assist in document collection for all new medical orders and reorders
Develop full working knowledge of all 3rd party payer requirements
Manage the pre-authorization process for new medical orders
Provide territory support during times of Territory Manager absence or vacancy (vacation, leave, time out of the territory for training/meetings, etc.)
Become a company expert and resource on products.
Master both Integrity / GAP Model Selling skills.
Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner.
Communicate openly and share information with others.
Analyze and report on trends that you observe within your territory.
Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
Bachelor?s Degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent education and relevant working experience
Minimum of 1 year of selling experience, either in a strong B2B, pharmaceutical, or medical device setting
Ability to influence clinical decision-making process through sales efforts, including presentation and discussion of clinical data
- Ability to proactively plan and work autonomously in close collaboration and communication with teammates and Regional Manager, ability to demonstrate flexibility and high sense of urgency, ability to be highly organized, to multi-task, to problem solve and to be available on occasion during atypical hours (evenings and weekends) to meet critical business needs. Proficient working knowledge of MS Office (including Excel, Word, Outlook) is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Territory travel required on a regular basis with the occasional overnight stay.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Rep-Lite is an equal opportunity employer.