J.B. Hunt Transport Sr Client Manager in Lowell, Arkansas
Sr Client Manager
Sales, Marketing & Product Management
United States of America
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for managing client satisfaction for some of the largest and most complex J.B. Hunt clients. This position will develop, maintain, and manage the relationships between internal groups and their assigned clients by owning processes that add value to their clients. To be successful, this individual will search for, communicate, and implement new and creative methods to improve our customer experience, increase productivity, and drive out cost.
• Provide regular reporting/presentations as requested by customer and internal business groups; includes cost studies, measurement tools, key performance indicators, utilization studies, service level management, acceptance rates, award compliance, and/or cost and delivery analysis
• Oversee the implementation and measurement of Key Performance Indicators and supporting recommendations to drive out costs and add value to the customer, as well as independently present annual account assessments, mid-year business reviews, pricing and scorecard reviews, and other ongoing customer presentations, and new business opportunities on-site or remotely with the client
• Provide data used for annual bids, rate increases, and/or the evaluation of changes in the business by preparing operating assumptions for the account
• Engage in daily and weekly capacity forecast planning and execution with the customer
• Lead implementation efforts for the successful onboarding of new business and clients
• Guide pricing and proposal activity for the most complex clients
• Leverage knowledge of the client portfolio and industry and market intelligence data to develop strategies for account growth, retention, and profitability
• Work to ensure retention and growth of current business at acceptable profit levels including analysis of operational execution, forecasting business changes, monitoring award compliance, and drive change with the client when necessary
• Use subject matter expertise to mentor and lead peers on the client team
Bachelor's Degree or 4-5 years of Transportation/Logistics or related experience. Ability to travel independently 15-20% of the time.
Bachelor's Degree with 4-5 years of Transportation/Logistics, account management or related experience.
Ability to act independently with minimal direction and delegate tasks appropriately to ensure work is happening at the right levels across the account team
Expert data and analytics skills with ability to influence customer change
Advanced Financial Acumen (full understanding of P&L, JBH financial drivers, and customer financials to help craft strategy)
High-level of organizational influence, professional executive presence, and ability to act as a J.B. Hunt brand ambassador
Consultative sales skills
Knowledge of account management practices, tasks, and tools and ability to provide services and support to key clients
Experience in establishing and maintaining healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
Ability to analyze customer activity and demographic data for the purpose of predicting future customer behaviors and trends
Ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management (Required), Bachelors: Business Communications
Job Opening ID:
00412081 Sr Client Manager (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.