Woodward Inc ENGINEER 2 TEST in Loveland, Colorado
The Test Engineer 2 (level 2) reports to Technical Leadership and whose focus is performing design and support of low to moderate complexity test systems and equipment. This position requires a moderate level of supervision; complex work is still reviewed by a more senior engineer. In addition, this level may participate in project-specific relationship building with Customers, Suppliers, individuals or organizations.
- Works assigned tasks to meet schedule and may coordinate details with other departments.
- Recognizes problems which are beyond capabilities and is learning from the experts in the area.
- Performs work that involves the use of conventional engineering practices and standards.
- Designs, supports, improves and tests low to moderate complexity test systems and equipment. Ensures designs meet testability and reliability criteria.
- Participates in process improvements on a project.
- Participates in creation and evaluation of new product test requirements and provides estimates for new test equipment.
- Possibly guides/directs a technician or Level 1 Engineer.
- May provide repair and maintenance support of test systems.
- May fabricate test systems as required.
- May participate in international and multi-site projects.
- May augment test technicians to setup and operate development tests.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
- Basic design and implementation of low and moderate complex boards, circuits and systems.
- Basic knowledge of electronic vendors, manufacturing processes, and procurement methods.
- Train production technicians on theory and design of existing test equipment.
COMPUTER ENGINEER SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
- Develops, tests and supports low to moderate complexity software applications with predefined design.
- Solid knowledge of software development and analysis tools including editors, compilers, linkers, debuggers, code analyzers, version control systems, software testing tools etc.
- Unit testing, debugging, software/hardware integration with oversight.
- Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
- Provides guidance to users on program functioning.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
- Perform simple analysis of components without supervision, such as hydraulic, stress and control theory.
- Creates detailed designs using 2D and 3D drafting including dimensioning and tolerancing, and maintains BOMs.
Materials and Equipment Used:
- PC and related equipment.
- Solid engineering knowledge; solid understanding of component function and testing. Knowledge of manufacturing processes, drawings and standards.
- Solid written/verbal communication skills and presentation skills; basic technical writing skills (procedures, reports, etc.).
- Solid problem solving & troubleshooting skills and analytical calculation skills.
- Competent knowledge of accuracy analyses, instrumentation calibration theory and tolerance stack-ups.
- Solid use of PCs and associated software.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to effectively operate in the project team environment and communicate with customers.
- Solid knowledge of physical systems and the physics thereof.
- Intermediate use and understanding of analytic, modeling, and/or design software/tools as appropriate.
- Knowledge in a narrow group of test systems.
- Solid knowledge of appropriate internal information management system (ie. ERP, MRP, PLC and Document Storage system) applications.
- Experience with compressible fluid testing and test systems preferred.
- Experience with Matlab and Python programming preferred.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical/Science or International equivalent required.
- Basic Six Sigma tools knowledge required.
- Professional certifications preferred (ie. National Instruments LabView, Test Stand Certificate, etc.)
- Greater than 1 year in related field or entry level Master of Science degree required.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Test Engineering
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Loveland
Schedule: FULL TIME
Shift: 1st Shift / Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 22, 2021, 8:28:53 AM
Req ID: 2100477