The Salvation Army Warehouse Associate in Los Angeles County, California
11001 Warehouse Worker - Temporary
Los Angeles County
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs
in His name without discrimination.
Function of the position: keep warehouse area in good order. Maintain a daily schedule of assignments. The warehouse worker must assume total responsibility for all functions of the area and items assigned.
Coordination of vehicle usage including deliveries in support of the deployed unit/s, ensuring security protocols / SOP are maintained for staff safety.
Responsible for the establishment of dynamic and flexible customer-oriented warehouse/program supplies issuance process to meet program teams daily re-supply needs
Responsible to support the division by establishment of dynamic and flexible procurement planning processes and pro-actively collect procurement needs from program teams to minimize time between needs identification and procurement delivery.
Responsible for the organization of a reliable and cost-effective local procurement system and delivery of procurement services in support to the division’s operation.
Responsible for cataloging incoming merchandise, donations, etc. for the division.
Record all incoming and outgoing items and ensure individuals sign for any items taken from warehouse.
Ability to walk, stand, bend squat climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to be able to lift up to 50lbs. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as file cabinet drawers and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer,
fax and telephone.
• One-year experience in similar job
• A sense of cleanliness, tidiness and neatness
• Be able to work quickly and efficiently.
• Be able to cope with paperwork.
• Be honest and reliable.
• Be able to keep records on computer.
• Follow health and safety regulations.
• Work well as part of a team.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively and relate positively and energetically with staff and volunteers
• Ability to follow written and verbal direction
• Knowledge of lifting and moving procedures and equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41