Bank of America Sr. Business Banking Business Development Officer (BDO) in Los Angeles, California
Sr. Business Banking Business Development Officer (BDO)
City Of Industry, California;Pasadena, California; Los Angeles, California; Encino, California; El Segundo, California
- The SBA Business Development Officer (BDO) is responsible for serving as the subject matter expert on SBA-guaranteed loans, and generating SBA loan production for Bank of America. In this capacity, the SBA BDO cultivates internal and external relationships, partnering with bankers and client teams to meet the needs of clients and prospects seeking access to capital. The SBA BDO is also responsible for prospecting and building relationships in local markets to identify and develop new SBA client relationships with operating companies with revenue ranging from $5 – 50 million. The BDO maintains and builds a network of SBA loan referral sources by working with internal and external centers of influence, commercial referral sources, and prospect lists. The SBA BDO assumes the primary responsibility for managing the SBA loan request for the client/prospect end-to-end, while partnering with the banker/client team who is then responsible for deepening and expanding the long term banking relationship, allowing the BDO to focus on the primary role of acquiring new SBA loan opportunities, originations and funding’s. The BDO's primary focus includes identifying, marketing and originating all SBA loan solutions.
• Create and execute an annual business plan to grow the SBA client portfolio through new loan origination, with focus on profitable revenue growth and the overall financial plan for the business
• Originate and fund new SBA loans through existing clients and new prospective clients to the bank; find business relationships with operating companies
• Develop and maintain a referral and prospecting network with customers/clients, peers, Business Bankers, Enterprise Business Specialists/Merrill Lynch financial advisors, and other external centers of influence, spending approximately 75% of time in the field through face to face interaction or telephone support
• Identify opportunities to solve client problems through disciplined, high-quality contact activities, fully leveraging available marketing resources and tools
• Analyze client and prospect loan needs and design solutions, working with internal product partners and client team members that match those needs and maximize Bank of America profitability and shareholder value
• Complete required documentation to support products and services offered to prospect
• Expertly handle and negotiate the client relationships and consummate the transaction arriving at agreements satisfactory to all parties both internally and externally to the bank
• Work with business banker and client team to effectively transition new client for on-going relationship management Required Skills & Experience:
• Resourceful, consistently and effectively networks within the community and centers of influence, both internally and externally
• Applies business analysis expertise, financial analysis skills, and applies product, industry and market knowledge
• Builds relationships and operates as a trusted partner; knows how to navigate the organization and leverage internal teammates
• Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing
• Demonstrates sales ability; influences with impact
• Develops new client relationships and new business from existing clients and new prospects
• Demonstrates initiative and manages multiple priorities, exercising excellent time management and follow up skills
• Manages risk
• Adaptable, resilient, flexible, operates effectively in competitive situations
• BS/BA (business, finance or economics preferred)
• Should have an existing COI network and knowledge in the market with proven track record of prospecting new business and exceptional sales skills
• 5-10 years of experience in commercial banking and/or business lending for the SBA BDO role; 10-20+ years for a Sr SBA BDO role
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Completion of formal credit training strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with sales force automation, smart technology, Microsoft Office, a plus.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Travel: Yes, 15% of the time
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .