Microsoft Corporation Operations Strategic Landing Lead in Los Angeles, California
The Worldwide Learning (WWL) organization is driving a new approach to learning and development at Microsoft. Our objective is to build world class capability by fostering a learning culture, empowering learners, and ultimately fueling growth and innovation through the learning programs. Our principles are to be learner obsessed, simple & focused, data driven, innovative, and business aligned. In addition to the development of over 40,000 professionals across our field organization, our objective is on the technical skilling of our millions of customers and partners around the world to enable digital transformation.
The Ops Solutioning Lead will work closely with the WWL Program/Product/Curriculum owners, Field Planning team and the Operations Enablement & Execution team to:
• Develop agreed to solutions with well-defined landing plans
• Consult on operational considerations through the development process
• Drive pilot solutions to ensure they meet customer specification and address learner needs
• Assess success of execution, and course correct based on target attainment.
This role will be key to developing landing plans that drive standard, high quality learner experiences for customers, partners and employees based on best practices and data analysis of KPIs.
The WWL Operations Solutioning Lead will be responsible for coordinating efforts across WWL to ensure all programs with targets and actions are released with strategic global landing plans that:
• Are designed to delivery on business priorities
• Are globally applicable and scalable
o Provide considerations for local and cultural needs
• Provide detailed and standardized execution plans
• Take advantage of existing best-in-class frameworks, processes, and tools
• Are sufficiently resourced to execute
• Launch with bill of materials (BOM) and operational reports to measure success
• Take into consideration delivery budget and operational resource constraints
• Have processes and policies to support target attainment
• 10+ years of demonstrated ability to set strategy and lead high performing teams in sales, services, and/or learning & development organizations.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal acumen to interact with executives and represent Microsoft in a way that mobilizes customers, partners, and employees.
• Proactive approach to problem solving with a focus on driving innovation
• Effective analytical and project management skills, to deliver on time and on budget while addressing the needs of competing priorities and deadlines.
• Experience in change management and leading complex, organization-wide programs.
• A focus on operational excellence and an understanding on what it takes to land a quality learner experience
• Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a remote team, driving successful outcomes with virtual teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.