IHS Markit Senoir Database Engineer in London, Ontario
Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients around the world. We use modern API-driven client-side rendered frameworks and .NET server-side rendered applications to deliver custom user interfaces that complement our clients' existing brand. With access to thousands of in-house data feeds, we utilize highly leveraged service tier applications to create solutions that delight our customers. Working in an agile and highly collaborative environment, our teams join together as one to deliver world class products.
What you'll do
• Produce high quality SQL solutions
• Work with large data sets for example 100+ million row tables
• Optimize for extreme performance and maximum throughput
• Be a SQL subject matter expert•• Collaboroate well with other SQL developers, Architects, DBA, and developers of other programming languages to find the best solutions •• Solve difficult SQL problems and then share your knowledge by documenting the related design principles, solutions, and standards •• Gain an understanding company objectives and then help to provide guidance around how to accomplish those objectives •• Confidently express ideas and concepts to large groups •• Continually building your own skill sets and capabilities
• Mentor•• Pair program on difficult problems teaching other developers the underlying principles •• Help everyone around you to improve •• Hold yourself and others to a high standard •• Help by setting the tone, culture, and standards that we want to encourage company wide
What we look for
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of development for relational database applications
• Expert level SQL skills
• Ability to design and develop relational database solutions
• Skill with performance analysis and tuning
• A passion to improve yourself and to help others around you to improve
Applicable experience using the following technologies and skills:
• SQL query plan analysis
• SQL profiler
• Centralized version control system like Git or Subversion
• Ability to work independently
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated expertise handling large data sets
• Experience working in an Agile Development environment
• Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
Experience in the following is encouraged:
• Solar Winds Data Performance Analyzer
• Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) automated testing and unit testing for SQL
• SQL Enlight
• Understanding of RESTful APIs with Swagger/OpenAPI specifications
• Knowledge of Financial domain
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact (Accessibility@ihsmarkit.com) or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct (https://investor.ihsmarkit.com/static-files/86e1cd0a-429d-4398-9f95-c54d4c2fa1e0) Right to WorkEEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) EEO is the Law SupplementPay Transparency (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.