Lompoc Valley Medical Center Central Services/Instrument Technician in Lompoc, California
· This position reports to the Director of Surgical Services.
· Maintains operating room and central service department in sterilizing supplies and equipment used in the care of patients.
· Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice.
· Remains flexible to changing systems.
· Responsible for decontamination of instruments, reassembly of instrumentation and the sterilization process in the OR and Central Services.
· Treats patients, families, visitors, peers and physicians with consideration and respect.
· Works well under stress or with tight deadlines.
· Communicates concerns appropriately using the established chain of command.
· Demonstrates knowledge to assess OR's sterile supplies and ensures appropriate inventory levels are being maintained.
· Maintains ability to perform competencies within the central service area.
· Demonstrates the knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
· Is able to interpret data about the patient's status to identify each patient's age specific needs and to provide the care and supplies needed appropriate to the patient's age group.
· Sets up sterile trays and sterilizes.
· Demonstrates the ability to function as a team member within the unit and the department.
· Education: High school Diploma or Equivalent, Certified
· Experience: Any combination of training, education and work experience that demonstrates the ability to satisfactorily perform the duties and responsibilities for the position. Typical qualifying experience is 6 months experience as a Nurse's Assistant or O.R. Technician.
· Certifications: CPR, Certified Central Service Technician.
· LVMC reserves the right to modify the minimum requirements depending on the needs of the organization.