Lexington Health Network Hospice RN Admissions Nurse - North/Central/South Territory- FT in Lombard, Illinois
Come join a well-established Hospice agency that is rapidly growing. Seeking immediate opening for full time Admission RN/Case Managers to join our dedicated team.
At Lexington Health Network, our goal is to nurture the human spirit and inspire well-being, one person and one family at a time. So much of who we are comes from being an organization dedicated to the highest attainable quality of care available today. In an industry filled with rapid change and growth, our commitment to family values will never change. As a family owned organization, we have always maintained a unique perspective. Our reputation as a leading health care employer is unmatched. Come see for yourself why it’s so fulfilling to be a part of Lexington!
Our Hospice Admission RN/Case Managers serve in a queue duel capacity, guiding patients and families through the hospice assessment, admissions and care processes. The primary focus of this position is providing Admission RN services. As an admission RN you are key partner in the educational process for patients, families, and caregivers. The secondary function of this position is to provide case management support as needed. As a Case Manager you will also educate families and caregivers of the patient on recognizing potential symptoms and providing safe and competent care for the patient in accordance with Lexington Health policies and standards and practices within the scope of the RN License.
We are seeking a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) for our Hospice division to assist with new Admissions and also case manage. The position is Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm.
· Meets with patient/representative to explain hospice philosophy and services, assessment of hospice eligibility, and completion of consents
· Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments including physical, psychosocial, spiritual and bereavement
· All other duties as assigned
Case Management and Supervision
· Supervision of Lexington employed and contracted nursing tasks delegated to Hospice Aides, Licensed Practical Nurses and contracted Registered Nurse and Volunteers per the plan of care
· Oversees the direction and coordination of the patient’s care and the care provided for their caregiver/family
· Provides direct patient care that includes all aspects of the nursing process.
· Reviews and updates the Plan of Care (POC) on each visit
· All other duties as assigned
Participates in the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program and related activities as assigned. This may include but not limited to:
· Participation in Performance Improvement Project(s) (PIP)
· Gathering clinical data which is used for quality measures
· Responsible for attending orientation and regularly scheduled in-services/educational conferences as assigned
· Participates in orientation of Hospice Aides, Volunteers and other IDG members as assigned
· Participates in training activities internally within Lexington Health Network and externally assigned
· Current Registered Professional Nursing license to practice in the state of Illinois
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in hospice, home health, or community health in the last five years
· Excellent leadership, managerial ability, clinical assessment, organizational, and interpersonal relationship skills
· Working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, hospice regulations, and third party payor expectations
· Basic computer knowledge
· Reliable transportation; Illinois Driver’s license with current insurance
We offer a professional work environment, growth and advancement, training, Competitive compensation and a benefits package including a comprehensive Medical, dental, and vision plan, voluntary benefits, Credit Union, 401(k) savings plan with company match, holiday pay and paid time off.
Lexington Health Network provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
iCIMS Requisition ID: 2020-6716
External Company URL: https://www.lexingtonhealth.com
Street: 665 W. North Avenue
Work Schedule: Days