Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - Mission Analyst in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Become an integral part of the Lockheed Martin Space (LMS) Military Space APD team as we develop solutions for spacecraft systems and missions to address our customer’s most critical problems. This fast-paced area deals primarily with pre-Phase A studies, mission capability analysis, and architecture trades allowing you to apply your talents to directly influence the design of future missions of national importance. The Military Space APD team environment is critical, and your ability to stretch yourself into new areas and contribute as a valued team member will be key to the success of this dynamic and growing business area.
As an employee of LMS, you’ll be a part of one of the largest aerospace companies in the world working on Commercial, NASA and Military programs. If you are looking for an opportunity to build premier space-based systems that solve our nation's most critical needs, this is the place for you to make a difference.
The Military Space APD Mission Analysis team consists of a diverse group of analysts with a wide range of engineering related expertise. Together, the team models spacecraft and payload capabilities in order to perform trade studies, aide requirement definition, predict mission performance, and contribute to technical proposals. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Performing mission design
- Determining spacecraft orbit-to-target geometries and access opportunities
- Creating unique, or modifying existing, software tools to execute program specific analysis
- Modeling spacecraft behavior and space environment conditions
- Participating in the development of payload and communications related concepts of operation
- Performing and documenting needs analysis and requirement development
- Documenting analysis results and verification/validation of analysis tools
- Developing and contributing to technical proposals with metrics-based solutions
Military Space APD is an agile environment that presents unique opportunities to exercise and develop both technical depth and breadth across the full range of the Military Space program portfolio. The ability to work collaboratively as part of a diverse team in a fast paced and dynamic environment is an absolute necessity. The successful candidate is a self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple tasks to completion.
** Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level clearance with polygraph is a requirement for this position. **
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience with MS Office applications
• Experience in one or more Systems Engineering functions, such as:
a.) Subsystem design or analysis
b.) CONOPS development
c.) System modeling or analysis
d.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
• Prior modeling, simulation and analysis experience related to spacecraft mission analysis
• Experience with Systems Tool Kit (STK) or equivalent analysis tools that support orbit integration/propagation and payload sensor modeling
• Systems engineering experience or relevant systems engineering training through a university or certificate program
• Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
• Understanding of principles of astrodynamics
• Experience with modeling spacecraft payload sensors
• Experience modeling spacecraft cis-lunar or deep space trajectories
• Experience with spacecraft guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) principles and control laws
• Familiarity with machine learning algorithms
• Familiarity with MATLAB
• Familiarity with Python
• Familiarity with estimation theory and its applications
• Familiarity with Java
• Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.