Lockheed Martin Staff Systems Engineer - CONOPS Lead in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Have you always wanted to know about Space Protection Programs (SPP) ?
When you join SPP you will be part of one of the most innovative and fastest moving organizations in Space. Come help build end-to-end Space Security Systems for the DoD and other customers. Our cutting edge capabilities assure the security and health of our nation’s space assets. We push the boundary of what gets done in space. One day people may hear the full story of your achievements. When the history books are written, they may discover the critical role you’ve played to defeat the enemies of freedom. Come be one of the people working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining.
As a Staff Systems Engineer - CONOPS Lead for SPP, you will directly help establish the technical solution and overall system design for one of our country's most vital and complex Space Systems.
In this role you will:
• Support the program Mission Analysis effort to obtain optimal system wide performance
• Develop the system CONOPS of a space-based system to define all phases of system use and operations while continually analyzing results and making adjustments to maximize system capability
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to efficiently satisfy customer requirements
• Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems across the program lifecycle (concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal)
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Experience with developing CONOPS on space or space related programs
• Experience in performing multiple Systems Engineering functions, such as:
a.) System Trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) System architecture or CONOPS development
c.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
d.) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
e.) Design reviews
• Strong team collaboration, communication and presentation skills
• Active Top Secret or SCI clearance
• Experience with this Program and Customer, or another related Program
• Experience working through the full lifecycle phases of a Space development program
• Systems engineering experience on classified programs
• Experience conducting detailed trade studies on complex system of systems programs
• Master's Degree in Systems Engineering or applicable discipline, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Space system design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams, build strong relationships with team members and build consensus among peers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, and customers
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.