Lockheed Martin Linearized Traveling Wave Tube Amplifier (LTWTA) - RF CPE in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Come join the Lockheed Martin Space RF Center of Excellence and shape the future! You can work on challenging programs in support of Space Vehicles, Hypersonics, Missile Defense and more.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
The Linearized Traveling Wave Tube Amplifier (LTWTA) RF Engineer in the RF Products group will support various Space programs. Responsibilities will include the technical leadership and support for all LTWTA products including their design, documentation, production support, anomaly resolution within the factory and on orbit. You will have the ability to provide guidance to determine the best fit between Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs) and LTWTAs for a given program in support of new business. Lead an interdisciplinary and multi-functional team and get to work with suppliers, subcontractors, quality control, specialty engineering, RF product engineering and the customer to ensure the product design, performance and qualification meet all requirements and are delivered on time.
Specific tasks will include supplier technical negotiations, oversight and evaluation of supplier proposals. You will collaborate with other technical disciplines and investigate and analyze issues or failures. In this role, you will resolve fabrication problems, perform engineering document changes and maintenance in accordance with established engineering processes, and create and review requirements. In this position, you will also participate in status reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings, Failure Review Board meetings, and create associated presentation packages, drawings, analyses required to validate technical compliance, build and procure hardware.
Typically has 9 - 14 years of experience
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
Paid time off
Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Extensive understanding of LTWTA product design, manufacturing, limitations, specifications, procurement, production and test.
• Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment, sharing knowledge and training peers as required.
• Prior experience with design, development and procurement of space qualified GaN SSPAs.
• Ability to understand, design and develop RF circuitry used in high frequency and microwave applications, specifically those associated within LTWTAs and SSPAs.
• Ability to prepare test methods and specifications; analyze and test RF hardware to verify performance characteristics.
• Ability to understand and evaluate complex technical issues and data, and articulate recommendations to leadership and peers
• Ability to supports Life Cycle Costs, reliability, availability, and maintainability analysis
• Experience performing root cause analysis and dispositioning hardware (Material Review Board or equivalent)
• Experience conducting failure investigations and solid understanding of root cause analysis investigation techniques (Fish Bone, Fault Tree, etc.)
• Experience presenting technical information to customer and leadership in major design review settings
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and strong interpersonal skills
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Physics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.