Anthem Memory Care Housekeeper in Littleton, Colorado
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of custodial/housekeeping duties for residents; sweeps, mops and uses vacuum cleaners to clean floors; dusting, cleaning bathroom fixtures and floors.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Know and understand the vision, purpose, values and goals of Anthem Memory Care.
- Follows work schedules;
- Cleans bathrooms, including toilets, sinks, tubs, showers and floors; replenishes paper supplies and soap as necessary;
- Cleans kitchen areas, including counter tops, floors, appliances and sinks;
- Dusts and cleans desks and other furniture, doors, baseboards and window sills;
- Sweeps, mops and vacuums floor surfaces and furniture; may spot clean carpets;
- Washes windows;
- Empties trash receptacles; may deposit recyclable material in proper receptacles;
- May drive an electric cart or push a utility cart within the retirement community;
- Takes note of safety concerns and needed repairs and reports to supervisor;
- May change bed linens once weekly (or as necessary) for all residential care apartments;
- May sweep around dining room tables in dining room after breakfast and noon meal;
- Attends in-service training workshops and meetings as required;
- Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the community’s safety program;
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, guests and coworkers;
- Promotes and protects the rights of all residents;
- Performs other related essential work as required.
- May, upon resident’s absence, clean and disinfect room, bed, furniture, bathroom, cabinets and clothes closet;
- Ensure that common areas are sanitized in accordance with established infectious disease control policies and procedures.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Ability to read, speak and understand English sufficiently to follow directions and communicate with supervisor, co-workers and residents; some housekeeping experience is desirable but not essential, since on-the-job training will be provided.
CERTIFICATION AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Criminal record clearance or criminal record exemption, as required by law
- Health evaluation to ensure ability to perform duties of the position and the absence of any communicable disease, including tuberculosis and CXR clearance.