Lockheed Martin Engineering Aide Senior Specialist in Littleton, Colorado
Description: • Engages in the role of floor lead for the weekend Machine Shop Shift.
• Leads and mentor others, lower level employees; assign work, and schedule workflow.
• Supports the design/development of new or modified equipment or methods/systems for improved performance through analysis and check-out.
• Analyzes requirements for special projects and recommends methods and processes to accomplish work. • Conducts research and assists in investigational studies.
• Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
• Drive continuous improvement and operational efficiencies.
• Ensures Standard Operation Practices and CIP’s requirements are met and maintained.
• Ability to create efficient CNC programs from engineering drawings and/or 3D models using MasterCAM
Ability to program 3D toolpaths.
• Ability to program, set-up and run 3-5 axis machining centers.
• Advance Knowledge of GD&T.
•Advanced knowledge of material properties and machining characteristics.
•Able to select appropriate cutting tools for programmed operations.
•Knowledge of proper speeds and feeds for cutting tools and materials being cut.
•Ability to set up CNC equipment using best shop practices.
•Ability to operate manual machine shop equipment.
•Advanced knowledge of machine shop inspection tools.
•More than 5 years of hands on machining experience with CNC machine tools.
• Experience with reading and understanding engineering
drawings and process specifications or procedures.
• Familiarity with Visual Enterprise Complex Assembly
Manufacturing Solution (VE-CAMS), SAP, Enterprise
Electronic Data and Management System (EPDM).
• Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI), Manufacturing
Process Specifications (MPS), Parts, Materials and Process
Engineering (PMP) experience.
• Graduate from an accredited technical institution with an associate degree in machining technology.
• Wire EDM programming and operation.
• Experience machining aerospace materials.
• Experience with Catia and Vericut software.
• Experience mentoring young machinists.
• Experience in aircraft/aerospace assembly with quality
• Strong understanding of aerospace or aircraft fabrication
in quality-controlled environment.
• Strong aptitude for attention to detail: Following and
recording data in various electronic documentation
•Previous experience in team lead roles or other
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.