CPI Card Group Corporate Counsel in Littleton , Colorado
This position will work closely with other members of the Legal and Compliance department and across the organization to provide legal services, including with respect to: complex and routine commercial contracts; product development; privacy laws and information security; intellectual property; compliance; employee educational programs and other duties. This position reports to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer and has varying responsibilities working with internal and external parties.
• Draft, review, revise and negotiate customer contracts, vendor agreements, technology licenses and other agreements
• Assist with the development and administration of various contract policies, templates and processes
• Work with business leaders to develop or enhance legal strategies around areas such as product development and expansion, risk management, data privacy, data security, information technology, intellectual property, geographic expansion and other areas
• Work with the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer and other members of the Legal and Compliance department to develop and support compliance policies and procedures as appropriate
• Assist with the preparation of RFP, data and compliance request responses
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive, pragmatic advice
• Work with outside counsel, external stakeholders and service providers
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications
Role will work remotely but candidate must reside in the Denver, CO area for travel to the office for meetings as needed.
Pay Range - 120k- 180k (depending on experience level) including a quarterly and annual incentive opportunity
•A minimum of five years of progressive experience as a transactional attorney, ideally with at least two years as in-house counsel; broad, mid-sized company commercial experience preferred
• Extensive experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
• Familiarity with the payments industry and privacy laws, particularly as they apply to personally identifiable information, and information security is a plus
• Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial law and procedures
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Ability to work remotely and independently with little oversight, with the judgment to know when to raise concerns that require further attention
• Positive, team-oriented approach to the task at hand. Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituencies to work toward appropriate, risk-based solutions
• Strong interpersonal, writing and communications skills; ability to work cross-functionally and with diverse teams; ability to clearly articulate and present complex advice to executives, other employees and external constituencies
• Ability to proactively identify and solve complex problems and to think strategically and beyond existing solutions and frameworks
• Juris Doctorate degree from a top tier law school
• Licensed to practice law in Colorado, or ability to obtain license in reasonable period of time
This role requires the ability to work from home in a virtual environment, where the following is required;
• reliable high-speed internet access (hotspot not acceptable)
• dedicated distraction-free home work environment
CPI Card Group® is a payment technology company and leading provider of credit, debit and prepaid solutions delivered physically, digitally and on-demand. CPI helps our customers foster connections and build their brands through innovative and reliable solutions, including financial payment cards, personalization and fulfillment, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) instant issuance. CPI has more than 20 years of experience in the payments market and is a trusted partner to financial institutions and payments services providers. Serving customers from locations throughout the United States, CPI has a large network of high security facilities, each of which is certified by one or more of the payment brands: Visa, Mastercard®, American Express and Discover®. Learn more at www.cpicardgroup.com.
The health and safety of our employees continues to be a top priority at CPI Card Group as we face the challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Across our production and fulfillment facilities we have implemented procedures such as enhanced cleaning, daily temperature checks, social distancing measures, and required face masks for all individuals onsite in our facilities. We also continue to monitor federal, state and local health and safety guidelines and requirements to adjust our procedures as necessary. These are just a few examples of our commitment to the safety and health of our workplaces.
Competitive pay rates and an inclusive, empowering and rewarding culture.
Solid benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, FSA, HSA, Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement and 401K with a competitive company match percentage.
CPI is an EEO Employer. A complete background including drug screen is contingent upon hire.
External Job Title: Corporate Counsel
External Company URL: https://www.cpicardgroup.com/
Street: 10368 W Centennial Rd
Shift: US - Weekday days