Aerotek Diesel Mechanic in Little Ferry, New Jersey
Aerotek is supporting one of the premiere manufacturers of fire trucks and emergency response vehicles, located in Little Ferry Nj to hire Diesel Mechanics.
* Interviews as soon as Monday, June 14th !!!*
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Location: Little Ferry NJ
Hours: 1st Shift (7am)
Pay: Range based on Experience
Why work here?
· Great pay!
· Full Benefits!
· Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing standard mechanical repairs in a shop environment on customer equipment including emergency vehicle trucks and all related components (transmissions, engines, transfer cases, fire pumps, multiplex systems, ladders, suspension components, engine components and subassemblies).
· Works from shop orders, specifications, manuals, schematics, prints and instructions.
· Review shop orders, change orders and/or all other order-affiliated documents in order to determine requirements.
· Diagnoses and repairs a variety of systems and related components, including, but not limited to, aerial devices, fire pump systems, steering systems, braking systems, suspensions, charging and cranking systems, drive trains and a wide range of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic systems and Motor Vehicle Air Conditioning (MVAC) systems.
· Troubleshooting of basic engine and transmission problems, primarily focusing on interfacing with related vehicle systems.
· Tests components to meet all applicable and required standards.
· Identifies and locates defective parts/components, removes and replaces parts/components and makes required adjustments.
· Conducts stationary tests and verifies or certifies that product meets specifications and quality standards.
· Completes required documentation.
· Completes work assignments within published standard time allocations.
· Assists the supervisor in the direction and planning of daily actives. Monitors the quality of work performed in assigned area.
· Works with supervisors and other departments, including Engineering, to identify and resolve issues.
· Assists the supervisor in the training and orientation of new and transferred team members into the department. Monitors the quality of workmanship in assigned area.
· Reports to the supervisor the status of daily assignments.
•Must have H.S. diploma or equivalent
•Must have prior leadership experience
•Must possess computer skills including: Email, Word, Excel, Web Searches, Ordering Systems
•Must meet all requirements of Factory Service Center Technician
Interviewing candidates NEXT week!
INTERESTED CANDIDATES - FOR IMMEDIATECONSIDERATION:
Call Kellie at (201)614-3397 or apply with your most updated resume!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.