Bosch Machine Setup PA3 Floater - 4th shift in Lincolnton, North Carolina
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch. The Lincolnton, NC Conversion, Customizing and Packaging Center is located approximately 30 miles from Charlotte. The facility employs just under 400 full time associates in a 5-shift operation, which encompasses 235,000 sq ft. along with 12,000 skus. ISO certified, our associates engage in BPS, CIP and 5S . By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
• Train directly with engineers on all available processes, be the interface between engineering and manufacturing.
• Responsible for training and sign off new production associates, provide timely and effective feedback when required
• Actively interact with the shift coordinator in order to keep all machines running and escalate in case of deviations.
• Perform minor maintenance activities without support from maintenance department.
• When required, cover for absents in different areas. Will be responsible to load/unload, operate, adjust, change-over, maintain multiple machines, set-up parameters, do quality checks, clean machines (includes confined spaces), conduct 5S and aid in trouble-shooting/maintenance.
• Actively communicate with the related departments (Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, etc.).
• Flexibility to ensure adequate work coverage, shift change for limited periods will be required.
• This position may require overseas travel for training.
•High School Diploma or GED from an accredited school required, Technical or Vocation Schooling a plus.
•Minimum 5 years previous experience in metalworking manufacturing, with cutting tools manufacturing being a plus.
•Experience running with HMI/CNC interface and alongside robots.
•Ability to learn and understand new processes, machines and technology.
•Setup machines and measuring devices.
•Identify and assess common problems with machine, trouble-shooting.
•Read and follow standard operating procedures
•Flexibility to work in different shifts and overtime
•Ability to stand and be mobile for 8-12 hours
•Proper hand dexterity
•Comfortable working in confined spaces
•Ability to read and follow instructions
•Ability to read and prepare orders
•Ability to lift (up to) 40 lbs.
•Math skills appropriate to a machining environment.
•Able to read product prints and check product to match.
•Understand and follow procedures pertaining to machine cleanliness and tool organization.
•Experience with driving forklifts, walkie-stackie
•Hazardous material handling