Actalent Labview Software Engineer in Lincolnshire, Illinois
Responsible for designing programing architectures and machines states to test and evaluate products on custom moderate complexity test stands. The software controls engineer will code and debug custom testing programs, assist in determining I/O and control hardware component specifications, assist in the selection sensing hardware, save, and manage data and write programming to operate machinery at a high level of proficiency. Candidate is expected to be highly skilled in one or more of the following: LabVIEW, C, and Ladder Logic, ThingWorx.
The following reflects essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as the company may deem necessary
• Program Test Stands and maintain product test program library.
• Work closely with the Valve Test Department to resolve problems with Test stands and Test equipment programming.
• Work closely with other engineering departments to analyze, document and make modifications to test protocols and procedures.
• Lead large projects and/or project teams.
• Review and recommend new test stands and/or equipment needs.
• Interface and collaborate with Production Engineers, Quality Engineers, Mechanical Design Engineers, Maintenance Technicians and Calibration Technicians
• Design, create, edit, and troubleshoot:
o Complex code, independently or on a team to control industrial and testing machines
o Industrial Barcode Scanning Systems
o Databases and database interface programs (ThingWorx knowledge a plus)
o User-friendly PC-based Graphical Interfaces and HMIs
labview, Maintenance, C#, fluid power experience, ladder logic, plc programming, iot, ThingWorx
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
-Fluid Power Experience
-Ladder Logic/PLC Programming
-IOT/ Thingworx experience
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.