Always Best Care Senior Services Care Manager in Lexington, Kentucky
Always Best Care of Greater Lexington, a provider of in home care to seniors and adults in Lexington, KY and surrounding areas, is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Care Manager. If you love being social and interacting with people of all ages, this is the role for you!
The person in this role will be a critical link between referral sources, clients, and our care team. They will help to foster and grow relationships with our referral sources, perform client intakes and assessments, and develop care plans. They will help the Staffing Coordinator choose appropriate Care Team Members, and ensure those Care Team Members understand the care plan and are comfortable with its execution. The right candidate will assure that our quality of care is top notch by implementing feedback systems for client complaints, concerns, and compliments. They will also serve as a mentor and sounding board for our Care Team Members regarding client concerns and needs.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and background, and will be supplemented by a bonus/incentive plan based on performance. A competitive benefits package will be offered. You will enjoy working for a family owned company in an environment that emphasizes teamwork and personal accountability with an emphasis on growth (both personal and professional), professionalism, excellence, and ethics. You will be a part of the Leadership Team and as such, some on call, evening, and weekend work will be required on occasion.
• Minimum two years of sales/marketing experience with at least one year being in the healthcare industry, preferably with a homecare agency
• Demonstrated understanding of the intake, admissions and/or assessment process in a healthcare environment (i.e. RCFE, homecare, SNF)
• Ability to persuasively impart information to others
• Ability to professionally represent Always Best Care to clients and the public, both over the telephone and in person
• Polished interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with a variety of constituents including caregivers, Always Best Care staff, clients/families and community professionals
• Excellent telephone etiquette and mannerisms. Ability to communicate effectively with prospective clients, referral sources and the general public over the telephone
• Ability to effectively discuss issues of a sensitive nature with potential clients over the phone and in person, clearly communicate service options, and gather necessary information
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client and staff information encountered in the course of work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to consistently meet the required work schedule. Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed to effectively carry out work functions. Ability to be on call on a rotating basis and/or as needed by Always Best Care of Greater Lexington
• Ability and willingness to fill in on shifts in the event it is needed in times of peak demand or staffing shortages
• Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of office equipment and software programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Ability to learn how to utilize additional software programs and databases as needed
• Ability to foster and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Always Best Care staff
• An Associate or Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Nursing, or Health Care Administration is a plus but not a deal breaker for the right person with the right combination of experience and proven results.