LiveAuctioneers Software Engineer in Lehi, Utah
Who we are:
LiveAuctioneers is the leading marketplace for fine art, collectibles, furniture, and jewelry.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video streamed auctions, and more. The company continues to be a pioneer in the sale of rare treasures. In 2019, LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate $3 billion of sales by connecting 13 million of the world's most knowledgeable collectors with thousands of passionate sellers of one-of-a-kind items.
We are building products that connect auction houses to bidders around the world in our effort to enable everyone to buy and sell exceptional items with confidence.
LiveAuctioneers is an inclusive, small team with talented management who have started and/or grown market-leading companies like GrubHub/Seamless and 1stDibs. The company's most recent investment was led by Cove Hill Partners, investors in innovative companies like NetDocuments and Storable.
What the job is:
Work as a member of an inclusive team that uses a friendly and collaborative small-team approach (about 5-6 engineers per team) to help us build the trusted marketplace of collectibles curated by experts. Our engineering team is based in our Draper, UT office (in the Salt Lake City, UT area). We operate and build on a service-oriented, event-driven architecture, utilizing continuous integration and continuous delivery. We build in Go, Node, React and React-Native. We use AWS with ECS, Docker and Lambdas which all use RabbitMQ and PubNub for decoupled systems.
• Develop systems with agile development methodologies and principles
• Participate in planning, design, development, and implementation for multiple initiatives
• Play a role in project/iteration planning sessions, ensuring proposed short-term estimates are achievable and realistic
• Develop technical system design documents, QA Automation scripts
• Contribute to process-improvement initiatives in an effort to help the team deliver faster
Who are you:
• We are looking for someone who cares very much about testing, monitoring, metrics and especially about delivering software. You're someone who is not afraid to jump in, learn new things, and stay committed to the great things you build.
• You are a collaborative person who thrives working with others across disciplines. You are not afraid to ask questions when you're stuck, and are anxious to support your teammates with answers in turn.
• Experience in our exact stack is not a requirement - we're looking for a person who is a curious doer. As a small team, we look for team members who are strong contributors involved in every step of the development cycle.
• A bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related field
• 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
• Comfortable with large, complex CSS structures
• Enthusiasm for improving development best practices, patterns and architecture across teams.
• Technical experience that includes strength in multiple software engineering technologies utilized in our stack
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Readiness to tackle challenges with creative problem solving
• Communicate clearly
• Think critically and be decisive when it’s appropriate
• Collaborative team member
• The ability to pair with other engineers on solving problems
• Comfortable working in real-time with other engineers in remote locations
• The ability to consume services built by other teams or team members into your work
• A person who cares about the life of the work they build
• An innovative mindset
• Passionate about learning the "right" way to do things and implementing conscientiously
• Willing to share your opinions and approaches, and hear others’, so we can find the best solution rather than defer to the loudestComfortable implementing unit tests
• Experience with the following tech stack is a plus:
◦ Tech: React, React Native, Node, Express, Redux, Webpack, Babel, Git
◦ Infrastructure: AWS, S3, Docker, Fastly
• Welcoming, inclusive team that enjoys weekly team lunches
• Our team maintains a healthy Life/Work balance and we believe in celebrating our successes together
• A good development setup
• Competitive compensation
• Company-matched 401K
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
• HSA matching, flexible spending account & commuter benefits
• Generous vacation policy
• Fully-stocked beverage fridge and snack pantry
Go to https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/liveauctioneers/ to apply.