International Rescue Committee WPE Mobile Response Officer in Lawder, Yemen
Requisition ID: req17247
Job Title: WPE Mobile Response Officer
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Abyan, Yemen
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving and life changing assistance to refugees and persons of concern forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. Operational since May 2012 in Yemen, the IRC has been providing essential lifesaving services to conflict-affected populations and has quickly scaled up its response to the current food insecurity crisis through an integrated, multi-sector response. To help ensure that vulnerable households are able to access food to meet their immediate consumption needs, the IRC has mobilized funding to provide food vouchers in Abyan, Aden, Hodeida, Sana’a, Al Dhale’e, Lahj and Shabwa governorates
Scope of Work:
Under the supervision of the Senior WPE Officer, and based in Abyan, the WPE Mobile Response Officer will be responsible for the implementation, and quality of the Abyan WPE response sector in the Women and Girls Community Center (WGCC) or mobile team or Safe Spaces located in the Health Facilities while working in close collaboration with the IRC team and local partners.
In collaboration and under the direct superovulation of Senior WPE Officer, the WPE Mobile Response Officer will:
· Contribute in the establishment of the WGCC/SS and/or assist with locating safe areas to conduct psychosocial support (PSS) in communities reached by the mobile teams.
· Manage the WGCC/SS or mobile team and supervise the activities.
· Supervise the WPE Social workers and PSS assistants, and provide on job training and technical support.
· Work with caseworkers to ensure that WPE case management standards are adhered to, and when appropriate, provide direct WPE case management and PSS.
· Ensure supplies/resources for counseling spaces, women centers and other program activities are requested on a timely manner and are efficiently utilized.
· Conducting safety audits, in coordination with the Prevention Officer, to identify risks and compile findings in weekly report to improve services.
· Work with the Prevention Officer and mobile health team to develop daily and weekly outreach plan based on case trends and need of women and girls.
· Work in coordination with external actors, IRCs mobile health team and the WPE Coordinator to improve the GBV referral pathway.
· Maintain positive coordination and relationships with GBV actor and services providers and CBOs and other IRC sectors staff.
· Contribute and assist to develop and conduct training, and workshop for IRC staff, volunteers and GBV actors on response activities.
· Coordinate and communicate with the stakeholders to ensure safe and accessible programing.
· Contribute in preparing the monthly spending, procurement, and work plans.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
· Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other relevant training
· Good working knowledge of English language is preferable.
Minimum one year experience in implementing GBV response programs.
Excellent knowledge of the working environment
Knowledge of GBVIMS or confidential data entry
· Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible, able to handle pressure well, and strong communication skills
Knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
· Deep understanding of gender-based violence, women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen
Based in Abyan with 100% travel to field.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation