S&K Logistics Services Field Service Representative in Laredo, Texas
S&K Security Group, LLC, (SKSG)a member of the S&K Family of Companies and owned by the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, is actively seeking Experienced Field Service Representatives to join our Marana, AZ and Laredo, TX based teams. SKSG, a 30-year leader in the communications revolution, designs, manufactures and erects towers and antennas worldwide for multiple cellular providers. SKSG’s experience and time-tested integrity assure cost effective, yet uninterrupted transitions to the world’s newest digital technologies. From site selection and preparation, to design and installation, our engineers and technicians have pierced the skies worldwide with reliable systems.
We are looking for efficient, safety-minded Field Service Representatives with previous information technology, tower climbing or maintenance experience for a projects located in Laredo, Texas and Southern Arizona. We have long-term, permanent work available for the right candidates.
The Field Service Representative (FSR) will troubleshoot and repair Sensors (radars, cameras, thermal imagers, etc.), power systems (generator, solar, hybrid) and communications equipment (Land Mobile Radio, network, microwave). The FSR will perform troubleshooting, testing, equipment replacement and configuration in support of maintenance to towers, foundations, cameras, microwave systems, transmission lines, shelters, solar systems and communication towers up to 500’ in height. The ideal candidate will be capable of working with minimal oversight and willing to follow directions and adhere to and closely follow corporate, project, safety, construction, and tower climbing standards. The work spans field services in all weather conditions, day or night, with occasional assignments to the warehouse and other duties.
SKSG offers employer-paid medical benefits, 401(k) with match, per diem and weekly pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Troubleshoot & Repair Equipment
• Maintain the operability of the systems including: foundations, sensors (radars, cameras, thermal imagers, etc.), power systems (generator, solar, hybrid), shelters, and communications equipment (Land Mobile Radio, network, microwave).
• Perform troubleshooting and work procedures for identifying, resolving, and reporting impacts to operability, function, and the mission of the system.
• Use diagnostic and test equipment to identify technical issues and work to resolve system and subsystem issues and perform replacement, configuration, and testing to verify correction of the issue.
• Respond to customer requests for reported system outages and disruptions
• Perform corrective and preventative maintenance procedures and tests to verify operability with the team and customer (C2 center)
• Operate a company vehicle in accordance with local laws/regulations
• Operate the vehicle in safe and courteous manner
• Keep assigned vehicle clean and orderly
• Report maintenance requirements and/or damage in a timely manner
• Perform timecard updates daily and sign timecards weekly to support reporting and payroll activities
• Perform job related reporting requirements per contract and SKSG corporate policies.
• Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program
• Attend daily and weekly on-site field safety briefings
• Support safety meetings, training sessions, and inspections
• Work in a safe, responsible manner without intentional or unintentional risks for injuring oneself or endanger the wellbeing of others
• Cooperate with safety personnel, supervisors, managers, and investigators to ensure proper procedures are carried out according to the Company and customer’s safety policies.
• Identify and report safety violations to safety personnel, supervisors, managers
• Participate as a vital crew member and contribute towards the success of the project and the organization
• Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas
• Collaborate with other company personnel to meet organizational and project deadlines, metrics, and mission objectives
Must demonstrate ethics, responsibility, confidentiality, professionalism, punctuality and consistent dependability, organizational skills, the ability to perform multi-task productivity standards established, and work effectively as part of a team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty assigned thoroughly and independently, without supervision on short term projects. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualifications, education, and experience listed in the job description must be able to be demonstrated at an appropriate level for the position through evaluation of the resume, testing, and an interview process as appropriate. Meeting of all qualifications, education, and experience requirements will be at the discretion of Human Resources and the Hiring Manager.
• High school diploma/GED
• IT or Technical Associate’s degree (preferred)
• One (1) year of field service experience performing maintenance tasks OR
• One (1) year of previous tower climbing experience OR
• One (1) year of IT-related support experience OR
• An Information Technology or Related Degree (Associate’s degree or higher) may be accepted in lieu of experience
Licenses/ Certification/ Registration
• Current driver’s license
• Proof of U.S. citizenship
• Current or very recent DHS/CBP Background Investigation (BI)
• Current tower climber certification (preferred)
• Dragon Wave or Aviat certification (preferred)
Special knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools.
• Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies.
• The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment.
• Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications.
• Ability to read and understand drawings, job specifications, mounting specs, testing procedures, etc.
• Work schedule will require open availability including weekends, holidays and overnights determined by the needs of the business; must be flexible
• Must be able to successfully complete and pass a pre-employment, post-offer background check and drug screening
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires out-of-area travel from time-to-time based on business need.
• Must have aptitude and willingness to climb and perform work at elevated heights for extended periods of time.
• When working on site, will be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as full-body harnesses.
• Readiness to perform duties in all weather conditions including extreme cold, heat and inclement weather while exposed to constant sounds.
• Will be exposed to construction materials, RF emissions, noise and wastes.
SKT is an EEO/AA/Disabled/Veterans Employer that practices an American Indian Hiring Preference for specific positions.
Requisition ID: FIELDSERV1COMPANY7.2