Church & Dwight Co, Inc. HR Representative in Lakewood, New Jersey
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Being a part of the HR team at Church & Dwight requires creating a culture which encourages teamwork and ownership of the business results. The role will support the Lakewood, NJ manufacturing facility. The HR Representative will be responsible for the delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers. This individual will perform a variety of employment-related functions for the purpose of enhancing employee engagement, productivity, and ensuring employee compliance with company policies.
* Assists business leaders with training, development, and performance planning processes.
* Manages onboarding process of all new employees such as I-9 verifications, timeclock set-up, HRIS set-up, and all state required notifications.
* Manages unemployment claims and hearings.
* Manages the recruiting cycle through exceptional identification, attraction and assessment capabilities including the ability to manage the full life-cycle search processes; work with outside search partners, candidates, and internal clients.
* Manages internal job posting program providing job transfers and promotions and ensures the process is handled consistently and with transparency.
* Assists and supports in the Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) process.
* Assists the HRBP with employee relations issues.
* Assist the HRBP with investigations.
* Assists the HRBP to ensure that management actions and company policies are adhered to and are in compliance with, all federal and state regulations covering employment practices.
* Upholds, supports, and answers employee questions regarding all policies.
Skill and Competencies:
* Builds strong relationships and establishes strong interpersonal connections at all levels of the organization.
* Solid knowledge of Federal and State regulations, HR policies and procedures.
* Effective oral and written communicator.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when managing sensitive employee information.
* Experience utilizing an HRIS system for employee records and driving data analysis.
* Competency in various office software programs and communications software.
* BA or BS degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Industrial Psychology or another related discipline. Minimum of 4 years HR experience in all aspects of a Generalist role.
* Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
* Solid verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to administer policies and procedures with tact and confidence.
* Must be self-motivated, results and action oriented to lead and facilitate efforts to align the business vision and direction.
* Strong analytical ability required to analyze business requirements and develop effective strategies to resolve issues.
* Possesses solid interpersonal skills to build advanced positive employee, business and community relationships.
* Strong conflict resolution and facilitation skills.
* This position's core hours will take place Monday through Friday (8:00 am - 4:30 pm), however, flexibility may be needed at times to meet the demands of 24/7 operations.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/disability/veteran.