Aerotek Construction Project Engineer in Lakewood, Colorado
Immediately hiring for Construction Project Engineer to work for one of the top Electrical Contractors in Colorado. This is a long-term opportunity that offers steady work, development and training, and career advancement opportunities.
The PE position is responsible to work collaboratively with internal administration, support, and technical personnel, as well as external customers in coordinating electrical construction activities to meet both the project and company objectives.
The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain professional relationships with customers, peers, supervisors, administrative staff, field craft workers, field supervision, vendors, suppliers, manufacturers, subcontractors based on the values of mutual respect and trust, integrity, teamwork, commitment to safety, discipline and transparency.
• Commit to on-going growth and learning.
• Assist in set up and maintain job files in accordance with established filing procedures.
• Type correspondence, reports and other items requested.
• Prepare, log, and submit shop drawings. Keep Project Manager (PM) informed of approval status. Make necessary corrections and resubmit if required.
• With PM oversight, prepare, price and negotiate change orders with clients.
• Prepare layout drawings and other documents including CAD drafted documents.
• Prepare and maintain detailed CPM schedules.
• Attend and provide input and defend the companies position in project meetings.
• Represent the company in a professional manner.
• Assist PM with job cost breakdown.
• Assist PM in coordinating and scheduling deliveries.
• Assist PM with changer orders. Provide accounting department with all necessary cost and contract updates.
• Keep as-built drawings current.
• Submit RFI’s for PM and maintain RFI log.
• Prepare and submit final closeout documents, as-builts and O&M’s.
• Obtain building and fire alarm permits.
• Will assist with new-hire orientation when required.
• Will assist field employees with MOP’s and other related paperwork.
• Follow up on plans, submittals, O&M’s and permit status
• Input change order estimates into Accubid Change Order for job cost breakdown and submit changes to the Accounting department in spreadsheet format.
• Track job codes for labor.
• Track the rental equipment used on the jobs.
• Stamp all incoming correspondence received and dated – including mail and drawings.
• Audit Purchase Orders against the packing slips and resolve any discrepancies.
• Place job site material orders as needed.
• Create and distribute daily and weekly job reports to the customer as needed.
• Update and maintain the Material Safety Data Sheet Manuals on site.
• Maintain a serial letter log and transmittal log for all outgoing correspondence.
• Assist other teams and departments as required to maintain a smooth organizational workflow.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• College degree in Construction Management or related field.
• One (1) to three (3) years construction experience.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications required for preparing, analyzing, monitoring, reporting, and presenting; and experience within Windows 10 operating system environment.
• Proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills are necessary to effectively communicate with employees, clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative, transparent team environment.
Entry Level to Intermediate Level
Pay is $26-$31/hr. depending on skill and experience. Benefits offered (health, vision, dental, 401k.)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.