BrightStar Care Licensed Practical Nurse School Nurse in Lafayette, Indiana
BrightStar Care of Lafayette his looking for a LPN in a Lafayette school setting.
Schedule 9:30am-3pm M-F
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Consistent shifts
- Employee appreciation events such as tickets to local sporting and entertainment events
Monthly employee raffles Responsibilities
Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician under the direction and supervision of the School Nurse in an accurate, timely manner.
- Ensure that the written procedures for ordering, administration, storage, and control of medications and supplies are followed per school policy and in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Provide effective communication in giving and receiving report.
- Manage and document student care, medications, and treatments per physicians orders and accurately record all care provided.
- Monitor and promptly report any changes or effects in residents conditions to the School Nurse and Director of Nursing.
Assure student are given assistance with personal care, including, but not limited to toileting, assisting with eating and hydration, proper feeding techniques, lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting as outlined in the students plan of care. Requirements
High school diploma or GED
- Certification as a LPN
- Certified CPR and negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
- Adhere to HIPPA and maintain client confidentiality We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.