TT Electronics Automation Engineer in Kuantan, Malaysia
At TT Electronics, you will meet dedicated people who believe that advanced electronics is the key to a brighter, smarter future. Whether it’s advanced flight controls, smart surgical tools, intelligent vehicle charging or seamless automation everywhere, advancements like this come from the minds of passionate, creative people – working to a common goal, watching out for each other, and caring about making a difference in the lives of people all over the world.
Our passion? Simplifying the development of complex electronics… it’s the reason we exist as an organisation. Our way of life? Fostering a culture that values individuals as well as community and teamwork.
Join us – and work with a team that believes success is measured by more than the bottom line, where you’ll find opportunities to achieve your goals, contribute to the lives of others, and build a brighter, smarter future, together.
TT Electronics’ Kuantan, Malaysia facility manufactures electromagnetics components and supply for industrial, medical, aerospace and defence and transportation applications. We are located at the heart of Kuantan City, with over 42 years of operational experience. We have established ourselves being the innovative champion in the East Coast since 2013. We are seeking qualified and energetic candidates to join our team in Kuantan, Pahang as part of our growth plan.
Reporting to the Operational Excellence Manager, the position is accountable for designing, programming, simulating and testing mechanized or automated processes and machineries to be used in the production and manufacturing processes, followed by creating detailed documentation or manuals for the fully functional projects.
The position will also have to run improvements works on the already existing devices or processes which will lead to production improvements.
• To develop new idea, cost-effective automated or mechanized equipment/machines.
• To analyse manufacturing processes and provides automation improvement solution if appropriate.
• To design new tooling parts.
• To coordinate with tooling vendors or equipment suppliers to ensure they meet lead time and drawing specifications.
• To construct, assemble tooled parts and does electrical control wirings on new machines.
• Develops and writes PLC control system programming for the machine.
• To research and develop new manufacturing ideas and technologies.
• CEA writing for new mechanization and automation projects.
• Ensure financial budgets are followed.
• Suggests, develops, participates and implements in plant wide activities (Lean, Internal Quality Audit, Safety Programs, 5S & etc).
• BSc Degree in a discipline related to Mechatronics / Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing / Electronics / Electrical Engineering.
• 1 – 2 year(s) of proven working experience in mechanical / electronics engineering in the manufacturing environment (preferably in magnetic production).
Desireable Skills and Experience
• Possess strong analytical abilities and the capacity to work fast and in an efficient manner.
• Excellent technical skills.
• Knowledge of mechanical tooling and fixture design.
• Working knowledge in electronics device control design and application.
• Knowledge in test equipment facilities and application.
• Working knowledge of mechanical engineering software packages, MS Office applications skills, AutoCAD or 3D CAD software Solid Edge skills.
• Working knowledge in PLC control programming, electrical wiring and pneumatic/hydraulic system.
• Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Proficient in Bahasa Malaysia and English languages both written and spoken.
Requisition ID: 2021-3337
Seniority Level: Associate
External Company Name: TT Electronics plc
External Company URL: http://www.ttelectronics.com/
Estimated Travel Required: 10 - 20%
Address Line 1: A-1445, Jalan Tanjung Api
Post End Date: 29/04/2021