Grand River Hospital Temporary Unscheduled Part Time - Childbirth - RN in Kitchener, Ontario
Temporary Unscheduled Part time Registered Nurse until approximately March 31, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 Hour Shifts Days, nights and Weekends
Responsible for the provision and coordination of care for the high and low risk antenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum women and neonates within a family/patient centered care framework. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current Certificate of Competence from College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BCLS
• Recent, relevant experience in perinatal nursing. Graduate nurses who have completed their final practicum consolidation in obstetrics may be considered. OR
• Completion of or current enrollment in a perinatal certificate course (college-level) or Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Perinatal Certification. Applicants will be required to obtaining their perinatal certificate or CNA certification after hire.
• Successful completion of an 18hr breastfeeding course preferred.
• Successful completion of a Fetal Health Surveillance course. Applicants not having taken this course may be considered however as a condition of hire, course will be required to be completed within 6 months of hire.
• Current NRP Provider status. Applicants not holding NRP provider status may be considered however as a condition of hire, certification must be obtained prior to unit orientation.
• Commitment to patient and family-centered care
• Commitment to continuous learning and professional development
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to work within a high acute, fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good attendance record
Job ID: 2020-2596
Job Type: Temporary unscheduled part time
Program: Childbirth and Children's Programs
Career Level: Experienced
External Company Name: Grand River Hospital
External Company URL: http://www.grhosp.on.ca/