Grand River Hospital Occupational Therapist - Temporary Full Time Until May 1, 2021 in Kitchener, Ontario
Occupational Therapy – Freeport and KW Campus
Temporary Full Time Occupational Therapist Until approximately May 1, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hour shifts Days/Weekends
As a member of a multi-disciplinary Collaborative Practice Team, the Occupational Therapist is responsible for the provision of assessments, treatment interventions, and community liaison within their full professional scope to achieve patient directed goals, improve quality of life, and assist with community re-integration. The successful candidate will participate in program planning/development; professional and hospital initiatives supporting quality management and research; supervision of therapy assistants; mentoring of colleagues and students; and assist with coverage across other clinical areas as required. Currently this position supports the Freeport and KW Campuses, but can be re-assigned depending on organizational needs.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for all patients, staff, and visitors.
• Registered and in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
• Membership in CAOT or OSOT is preferred.
• A minimum of two years hospital related experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, problem solve and respond to competing, unscheduled demands.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and community resources as well as an understanding of the discharge planning process required.
• Demonstrated ability to function independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, organization, and time management skills.
• Experience and skill in complex decision making processes, advancing best practice initiatives, and exploration of innovative models of care.
• Proven experience in self-directed learning and peer evaluation processes.
• Ability to provide coverage throughout the organization as required.
• Good attendance.
Job ID: 2020-2852
Job Type: Temporary full time
Program: Allied Health
Career Level: Experienced
External Company Name: Grand River Hospital
External Company URL: http://www.grhosp.on.ca/