Lockheed Martin Materials and Processes Engineer in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies and on the ground.
Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world every single day! Join this highly accomplished team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As a Materials and Processes Engineer you’ll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead small-group project teams to propose, select, qualify, and test metals for hyper-sonic projectiles and atmospheric re-entry vehicle applications
- Perform Materials and Processes (M&P) technical engineering assignments
- Diagnose problems and find creative solutions
- Prepare technical and progress reports on work you're doing, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports
- Engage regularly with internal engineering teams and external suppliers to meet program objectives
- Coordinate with other functions such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
Typically looking for 9 to 13 years of professional experience
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A self-starter who implements solutions to technical issues
- A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically diverse team to resolve technical issues
- Someone able to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet objectives.
- Someone comfortable with communicating in a variety of forums
- Someone willing to mentor and guide junior engineers
- Technical leadership of small teams or projects
- Proven ability to communicate key project information or recommendations to Program management and /or Customers
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
• Materials or process related background and/or field of study with a focus in metals or metallurgy
• Experience establishing and implementing technical requirements (specifications, program plans/requirements, etc.)
• Experience reviewing engineering drawings and/or specifications and providing guidance to design, manufacturing or stress engineers
• Knowledge of environmental and operational requirements for materials in space or missile applications (outgassing, flammability, dissimilar metals, stress corrosion, etc.)
• Knowledge of Materials and Processes for product development, improvement, design, application and production
• Demonstrated experience with metals selection and qualification for engineering applications
• Work experience using metals specifications (i.e. MIL-STD, AMS, etc.)
• Non-conformance and failure analysis disposition experience
• Understanding of material properties definitions
• Experience working collaboratively with customers and teammates
• Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
• Experience in corrosion protection and prevention
• Experience with high temperature materials and metals applications
• Metallurgical plating, brazing, heat treating and forging experience
• Metallurgy support on the manufacturing floor and working with suppliers
• Knowledge of general materials including composites, polymers, or ceramics
• Ability to outline failure analysis tasks related to failure of metal components
• Work experience leading project teams and also independently resolving issues related to metals
• Influencing corporate and industry standards
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.