Food Services of America Delivery Assistant-Seasonal - Kalispell, MT in Kalispell, Montana
Food Services of America
Delivery Assistant-Seasonal - Kalispell, MT
Job ID: 2021-7302
Type: FT TEMP NO BEN
# of Openings: 3
Food Services of America
Food Services of America, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest broadline distributors providing a full spectrum of food and supplies to our customers throughout the western and mid-western states from ten regional distribution centers. Our customers include independent and chain restaurants, schools, hospitals, hotels, and government foodservice operations. Food Services of America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Services Group of America, Scottsdale, Arizona, a diversified privately held corporation with
operations in broadline and systems foodservice distribution; fresh fruit and vegetables marketing; custom meat processing, sales and distribution and commercial real estate development and management.
- Deliver products to customers and perform customer relations functions.
- Work with Driver to complete multiple stops and cross checking products with customer orders.
- Deliver merchandise, off-load items using hand-truck and truck ramp, with accompanying
paperwork, to customers along a predetermined delivery route in a safe and efficient manner.
- Practice safety every step of the way.
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Maintain the highest level of delivery accuracy by checking each product off invoice or delivery manifest or through the proper and consistent use of Driver Hand Held (if available)
- Contribute to work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company policies and manuals and as set forth in our business practices.
- Complete all required documents pertaining to delivery, pick up, food safety and
- Must be personable in working with customers relating to delivery or pickup problems.
- Advise Router or transportation supervisor of changes in routes to help achieve most profitable routes, i.e., stop sequence, special instructions, new or dropped accounts.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail while constantly aware of the work surroundings.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment in completing all route stops.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Remain flexible to restructure schedule as needed.
- Check each product off invoice or delivery manifest or scan all cases using hand held scanner (if available).
- Safely load and unload delivery goods.
- Comply with all OSHA safety requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- The ability to lift 100 lbs. several times a day.
- Familiar with surrounding area and be able to read a map/guide.
- Must be hard working and self-motivated.
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings.
- Frequent standing/walking during delivery activities, up to 2 miles daily.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift up to 30 minutes at one time.
- Frequent lifting using both hands/arms, typical weights 10-60 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Frequent carrying of 10-75 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling using both hands/arms, approximately 30-100 lbs. exertion, depending on weight of load on hand truck and whether climbing stairs.
- Frequent bending/crouching/squatting at waist or knees during delivery.
- Frequent twisting waist/neck in normal range required while driving.
- Frequent climbing and balancing in and out of cab.
- Frequent use of feet in operation of foot pedals.
- Able to read/write and record data.
- Able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Able to work independently and exercise independent judgment in completing route.
- Constant awareness of work surroundings.
- Close attention to detail.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time.
- Exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.