Sinclair Broadcast Group News Producer in Johnstown, Pennsylvania
WJAC has an immediate opening for a creative NewsContentProducer! In this role, you will be responsible forcreating and posting news stories for our newscasts and multiple digital platforms.This position will also work closely withNews Management and other Assignment Desk staff and Anchors on collecting and writing news content.The primary duty of this position starts with web writing, posting, and assignment desk tasks on weekends, supporting similar efforts and news gathering during the week.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting andinformative content for digital and broadcast
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscastsand digital platforms
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Proficiencyor knowledge of non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNewsand web producing systems
- Must have at least some previous news producing or writing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
- A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!