Amazon Web Services Senior Partner Success Manager in Johannesburg, South Africa
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to work and support leading Systems Integrators, ISV’s, Born-in-cloud-Solution Providers, Consulting & Service Delivery Partners, Distributors and other members of the AWS partner ecosystem in the SMB market segment. As a Partner Success Manager (PSM) for Commercial Sales (CS) supporting the South African market, you will have the exciting opportunity to develop and deliver on our strategy to lead with partners in customer engagements that drive customer business outcomes.
You will drive the AWS business opportunities with partners by teaming with the account management teams and their leadership in South Africa. This requires driving field relationships with partners, customers and the AWS team. You will be responsible for top line revenue growth and overall customer adoption across the target segments. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables him/her to engage at the CxO level and to easily interact with Partners, Customers and sales/field reps. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Your responsibilities will include establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner success interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall AWS adoption via partners in South Africa.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Have a holistic view of the Partner Community in the designated territory, a deep understanding of the partner capabilities and solutions that will delight customers.
· Advise customers and commercial sales teams on the value of partners, engagement, and recommend qualified partners to support customer needs.
· Expand existing AWS footprint as well as drive new customer engagements with partners to grow overall revenue with a focus on business outcomes.
· Become a trusted member of the sales team to own deal execution with partners, leveraging Partner programs, and coaching Partners on best practices.
· Work closely with Partner Success Solution Architects (PSSA) to ensure partners deliver quality results and work with Partner Development Managers (PDM) on engaging their partners in the local market.
· Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
· Establish a business cadence and create and execute operational rigor around initiatives and pipeline management with internal and external stakeholders
· Experience in engaging and influencing C-level executives and strong familiarity with decision making processes in a customer and partner enterprise environment
· Strong sales and commercial acumen with a desire to coordinate field teams to develop and close high-profile deals
· Experience of direct and Partner sales or business development within the Software / IaaS/ Cloud / SaaS markets
· Experience working with diverse and complex partner ecosystems including SI´s, Telcos and Distributors
· Demonstrated experience working with cross-function stakeholders including direct and channel marketing, product management, operations, account management teams, legal, finance etc.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
10 years of relevant work experience in commercial roles / sales management in the IT industry