Maximus Case Manager Manager in Jamaica, New York
Job Summary: This position oversees all aspects of the case management department of the program to include managing, training, and coaching staff, understanding and driving performance metrics and managing outside vendors/subcontractors.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage, train, coach and develop direct reports to achieve program goals
- Manage subcontractors that provide services to program
- Collaborate with Management and Quality Assurance to ensure effective coordination of all activities and requirements of the program in which you are responsible
- Develop and implement policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and other external entities
- Monitor performance against key indicators established internally or by the clients
- Develop solutions to issues or complex problems
- Develop performance goals and objectives for staff, and monitor achievement of those goals
- Assist in program audits
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university required in Health/Human Services, social science, Social Work (or related field) or project management; or Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 2-5 years work related experience
- Experience required in case management, employment services, and SSI
- Prior experience managing an outside vendor or subcontractor highly preferred
- Prior experience in a performance based environment highly preferred
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain responsibility for the training and development of direct reports.
- Monitor the activities, schedules, productivity and assessment results of an assigned group of direct reports.
- Review case assessment outcomes, with a special focus on denials, of direct reports in real time.
- Collect Quality Assurance information from assigned direct reports.
- Disseminate policies and protocol changes and ensure implementation of these changes.
- Lead regular team meetings and act as the point
- person for the assigned work unit.
- Conduct random post- assessment audits and visits to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Attend fair hearing cases, as required.
- Promote project image and goals through public speaking engagements and local professional presentations.
- Meet all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequent interaction with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.