HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator in Jacksonville, Florida
Do you have the career opportunities as a Transfer Center Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At the North Florida Division Transfer Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- o Student Loan Repayment o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator, where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The HCA North Florida Transfer Center handles the patient movement and logistics for over 40 HCA hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms across a 3 state region including Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, our mission is to assist in the clinical placement and movement of critical patients both into and out of our facilities providing timely access to care for our patients when minutes matter the most. The transfer center is staffed 24/7 with seasoned clinical professionals who collaborate between physicians, hospitals, and other immediate health care settings to coordinate the timely movement of high acuity patients such as STEMI, stroke, trauma, neonatal care, and so forth. Our team is committed to the care and improvement of human life; impacting over 100,000 patients annually through support to hospital staff both for our HCA facilities and other facilities locally or in outlying markets.
As a member of our team:
- You will be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- You will coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- You will work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- You will efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- You will work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed assignments.
- You will accept all hospital transfers. Must be proficient in EMTALA
- You will apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
- You will facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- You will communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- You will be responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- You will assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- You will exhibit excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- You will establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital’s medical staff, services and special programs
Education and Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Florida
- Minimum 3 years acute care RN experience
- BSN or Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- 2 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or House Supervisor experience
Our Transfer Center team are committed to providing streamlined access to the right facility at the right time for every patient, every day, throughout the continuum of care. Join us in our efforts to better our community.
At HCA Healthcare we recognize the significant responsibility we have as a leading healthcare provider within each of the communities we serve, as well as the opportunity we have to improve the lives of the patients for whom we are entrusted to care. Through the compassion, knowledge and skill of our caregivers and our unique ability to leverage our scale and innovation, HCA Healthcare is a learning health system that uses our approximately 35 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator
Location: Florida-Jacksonville-Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
Requisition ID: 27933-7154