Cisco Consulting Engineer - Network Resiliency Assessment in Iselin, New Jersey
Consulting Engineer for delivering the Network Resiliency Assessment service. The Network Resiliency Assessment service improves network stability and resiliency by identifying areas needing consistency to high availability leading practices. It provides detailed prioritized improvement recommendations to key customer stakeholders.
What You'll Do
Effectively engage with customer IT stakeholders and network planners to understand the customer’s environment.
Using automation and tools, examine customer’s network topology, design and configuration.
Using Cisco’s Intellectual Capital and industry best practices, identity areas needing resiliency improvements and provide prioritized remediation recommendations.
Recommendations are delivered to stakeholders in presentations and in written reports. Stakeholders usually consist of upper management and C-suite officers.
Who You Are
- You are an IT networking professional experienced in crafting and operating large enterprise or service provider networks.
- You can seek out and anticipate problems before they happen and make recommendations on how to avoid them.
- You continuously expand your skillset to include new takeaways, technologies, tools and approaches.
- You enjoy working with others in a diverse environment, locally and remotely.
- You have a consultative background and can present your ideas well orally and in writing.
- B.S in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 6 years proven track record in computer networking with deep understanding of network planning, design, implementation and troubleshooting.
- Subject matter expertise in R&S and DC networking. CCNP or equivalent level of technical proficiency.
- Effective consulting and communication skills - good oral and writing skills. Confident in presenting to customer.
- Proficient in Cisco’s technology, products and operating systems (i.e. IOS, IOS-XR, Nexus-OS, etc.).
- Network Automation and scripting - NSO, Ansible, Python or equivalent
At Cisco, each person brings their outstanding talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.