Molina Healthcare Director, Projects - Enterprise Initiatives / Systems & Operations Integration in Irving, Texas
Manages people who are responsible for internal business projects and programs involving department or cross-functional teams of subject matter experts, delivering products through the design process to completion. Plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets. Monitors the project from inception through delivery. May engage and oversee the work of external vendors. Assigns, directs and monitors system analysis and program staff. These positions' primary focus is project/program management, rather than the application of expertise in a specialized functional field of knowledge although they may have technical team members.
• Manage multiple projects using staff and matrixed resources
• Staff, organize, monitor, and maintain an effective, consistent Project Management function
• Develop business case, project profile, business requirements, and other project work products for large and strategic-initiative level projects
• Translate strategy into implementation tactics, acting as a change agent
• Prepare and submits comprehensive project status reports to management
• Manage team budget
• Provide leadership in effectively applying Project Management and Business Analysis best practices
• Ensure departmental and individual performance goals are met
• Adhere to and consistently apply organization and departmental policies, procedures, and protocols
• Responsible for leading and overseeing multiple projects and project teams implementing projects of various size (scale), complexity, and duration to deliver business solutions and services to the organization
• Responsible for leading business integration or new business implementation projects which encompass the entire panorama of health plan functions. Project teams are likely to be comprised of cross-functional internal and external resources.
• Oversees direct reports' interactions with internal staff, external corporate departments, and Health Plans to define the project parameters and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, and project status reports and communications
• Projects may vary to include the following: system implementations, internal/cross functional department process improvement initiatives, implementation of new state health plans, and implementation of new product lines
• Provides vision and leadership over the program and determines the measurements for success
• Regularly assesses the program for improvement opportunities, provides goals and shows measurement of success
• Participates and provides oversight on external statements of work
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Comply with required workplace safety standards
Project Management skills/knowledge:
• Able to define and develop an effective project approach for a variety of projects.
• Able to organize complexity into successfully manageable work plans.
• Able to estimate staffing requirements, including resource skills, and assemble a team.
• Able to manage several projects concurrently, or a complex project with multiple sub-teams (overseeing sub-team PM's).
• Able to predict risk areas and have mitigation/contingency strategies designed.
• Can effectively manage and resolve very complex project issues as well as proactively planning to prevent issues.
• Bachelors degree required. Years of experience in lieu of education is acceptable.
• 7+ years project management experience.
• 7+ years of system implementation experience.
• 7+ years health plan operations experience.
• 7+ Black Belt Certification or at a minimum Green Belt with Black Belt Training.
Masters degree preferred
• 3+ years in a management role or supervisory experience preferred
• 10+ years project management experience
Preferred License, Certification, Association
PMP or Six Sigma Blackbelt certification preferred
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.