Amazon Web Services Telco Lead, Digital Innovation in Irvine, California
As a Digital Innovation Lead for the Telco industry, you will have an exciting opportunity to build our program in this new area, lead customer engagements and – working with the worldwide program leadership – shape and deliver the overall Digital Innovation program. Your primary responsibility will be to identify, develop, and lead engagements with Telco customers – engaging line of business and C-suite leaders, qualifying opportunities, leading innovation workshops utilizing Amazon mechanisms like Working Backwards, and driving resultant prototypes and scaled solutions. In addition, you will lead your own engagements, build and participate in mechanisms for tracking engagement impact for customers and for AWS, and use your experience to help improve our engagement model.
You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial enterprise technology sales environment, and working with cross functional teams as many parts of the program will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS. Typically cross-functional collaboration includes sales leadership, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, and sales enablement.
Strong candidates will have demonstrated experience in identifying developing digital innovation opportunities for customers, a track record of leading and driving multiple projects to meet customer business objectives, excellent project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
· Work with sales leadership to identify and qualify customers for the Digital Innovation program
· Identify and deliver high quality engagements using Amazonian innovation mechanisms like Working Backwards to identify specific end-customer problems or opportunities, articulate solutions in a press release, and bring them to life for customers, often as working cloud prototypes, working with relevant engineering and services teams, and partners as appropriate
· Lead specific customer engagements, conduct customer briefings, and present at customer events
· Assemble and manage the virtual team necessary to successfully progress Digital Innovation engagements – sales leadership, ProServe, Marketing, Partners
· Ensure quality and authenticity of Working Backwards and Digital Innovation engagement execution
· Lead efforts to drive scale in the delivery of Digital Innovation engagements, notably working with marketing, partners
· Lead initiatives to train & enable local sales teams to help qualify customers
· Develop C-suite and line-of-business relationships with leading innovators within customer organizations
· Effectively track and articulate the value of engagements underway, and major wins
· Share knowledge effectively across the Telco and WW teams
· Help develop and improve the Digital Innovation engagement model based on engagement experience
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· 5+ years of business development, consulting, product management, solutions development experience, or experience in selling to customers in the Telco industry
· Must have industry experience in Telco
· Must have experience with Digital Innovation program(s)
· Education – Bachelor Degree required.
· Experience leading geographically-dispersed, matrixed, and virtual teams
· Deep experience of business development in enterprise technology
· Good understanding of cloud platforms, and the technologies customers are using to drive and deliver digital innovation
· Familiarity with Amazonian innovation principles and mechanisms, notably customer obsession and working backwards
· Experience with training, enablement and accreditation
· Passion for the enterprise market – deep understanding of how enterprises operate and the characteristics of large and global businesses
· Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of projects - work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management
· Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
· Strong business and financial acumen and negotiations skills
· Published thought leadership in digital transformation
· Good working knowledge of AWS Services – especially higher level services that are the focus of customer innovation (AI/ML, IoT, etc.)
· MBA or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .