BlackBerry Corporation Technical Writer in Irvine, California
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
BlackBerry is looking for an energetic and collaborative Technical Writer with experience creating technical documentation for enterprise software. You will be responsible for creating a range of documentation from highly technical administration guides to clear and simple end user guides for enterprise applications. You will also be responsible for creating engaging multimedia that highlights the many exciting things our products can do!
You will be working on cutting edge technology that focuses on securing the Enterprise of Things. BlackBerry Secure software provides the embedded intelligence for the Enterprise of Things so that the Internet of Things can thrive.
You’ll be most successful if you have a passion for working with engineering teams on highly technical products and making information available to internal and external customers in innovative and engaging ways.
- Build strong partnerships with software engineers, product managers, and other experts across the enterprise to develop technical information
- Work with product designers and developers to make products easier to use
- Directly assist in developing product user interfaces
- Determine the appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers and designers
- Revise documents as issues arise
- Create videos and multimedia tutorials that simplify technical concepts and tasks
- Assist with the localization of software and product documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, such as English, Communications, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience working with technical products (hardware or software)
- Exceptional writing skills
- Flexible, proactive, and enjoys working in a team environment
- Fluent in English with proven writing proficiency
Nice to have
- Experience with DITA, structured authoring and creating content in XML using a CMS
- Familiarity with cyber security software and the concepts of EOT and IOT
- Proven ability to plan and deliver work within an agile development process
- User Acceptance Testing experience
Experience developing multimedia
Job Family Group Name: Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled